Senior Appian Developer
Create the products that are changing an industry
We never stop working to make investing simpler and more successful for our clients. By promoting new ways of building software, you'll optimize products and keep our client experience improving at pace. Your work as a Senior Appian Developer will not only give you true ownership of your products as you capitalize on a Lean Agile approach, it will change the way the world invests. Make it count.
In this role you will
- Demonstrate proficiency in full life cycle Appian projects - define, design and implement solutions
- Developing POCs to demonstrate power of Appian in solving business problems
- Developing plugins and data components as needed
- Empower junior team members through coaching and mentoring
- Improve automation in functional and performance testing
- Enable automation of functions using RPA tools and AI/ML
Bring invention to investing
Vanguard recently started a new transformation program to develop next generation Business Process System using Appian low-code platform. For this program, we are looking for passionate and energetic Senior Engineers. You will have the opportunity to work with business stakeholders in developing technical solutions and provide a unique opportunity to work with robotics and AI/ML to improve overall automation.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- 5+ years software engineering experience specially focusing on Appian Technology
- Ability to implement instrumentation to gather business-specific metrics around consumer usage patterns
Specializations that'll make an impact
- Skilled in design and developing solutions using Appian low code platform
- Experience in developing integration services between Appian and other platforms
- Passionate about technology and stay current with technology changes
- Advance knowledge of Java and SQL is a plus
- Experience with AWS is a plus, training will be provided as needed
- Experience in Unix/Python scripting is a plus
- Good Communicator and comfortable in presenting to both business and technical teams
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top