Senior API Architect
- Malvern, PA
Help build technology for our future
We are looking for a Senior API Architect who has a passion for API-first approach, and can design and lead teams while building the next generation of API solutions. The ideal candidate should have a holistic view of enterprise solutions, taking into account cost, security, performance, and application development/support. This can be a hands on roll and the ideal candidate should be able to roll up their sleeves and work in various roles when necessary.
In this role you will:
- Provide architectural leadership in shaping strategic technology programs, which focus on both Business of IT (e.g.,Unified Communication, SOI) and LOB-specific (e.g., Institutional Record-keeping Modernization) strategic technology programs.
- Provide architecture thought leadership and expertise.
- Define reference and implementation architectures.
- Produce technology road-maps in support of IT's vision and strategy.
- Develop proof-of-concept prototypes and initial implementation models.
- Monitor implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
- Coach and mentor more junior enterprise architects.
- Establish relationships with IT leaders, architects and technical specialists for the purpose of advancing proposed architectural solutions.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum fifteen years relevant work experience.
- Provides the architectural leadership in shaping strategic technology programs using API first approach
- 7+ years of experience as an API architect with hands on experience leading large scale technology modernization projects
- Expert level experience in retiring/extending monolith into API based micro services framework
- Expert level experience with API Gateways such as Apigee and Kong
- Experience with any service mesh technology for advanced micro services management
- Experience with any Service registry/repository for discoverability
- Expert level experience implementing API Service architectures (e.g., REST)
- Expert level experience with API design standards, patterns, best practices (e.g., Swagger, Microservices, etc)
- Expert level experience with applying security best practices to API platforms (e.g., OAuth, TLS, throttling, etc)
- Experience working within CI/CD environments and building the CI/CD Strategy
- Experience with AWS technologies and services such as S3, DynamoDB, EC2, EMR, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Lambda, Glue ETL, etc
- Experience working with the business to understand their requirements and how to approach the problem they're looking to solve.
- Utilizes a broad and deep understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision making.
- Experience working in a PaaS, SaaS and IaaS environment
- Experience building enterprise applications
- Passion for building scalable, secure and performance based applications
- Strong Communication and Presentation skills
- AWS Certified Solution Architect (Associate or Professional) preferred
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top