Senior AngularJS Developer
Want to work with a highly-engaged team to create highly engaging user experiences and deliver critical business functionality to the web? We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Senior Front End Developer to be part of a team focused on delivering high value client experiences to vanguard.com.
Duties and Responsibilities
Translates advanced design compositions into clean, standards-compliant, semantic markup and responsive webpages or native applications by understanding the layout and behavior of the design. Works on large, complex projects under minimal direction. Serves as a technical lead for junior team members.
Writes unit and end-to-end tests to ensure all code written is clean, modular, and testable.
Works with business owners, designers, UX strategists, and developers to implement a high quality user experience. Recommends and effectively explains improvements in functionality, navigation, and UI design elements that enable users and internal business clients to achieve their goals. Builds effective working relationships across divisions.
Leads development efforts for testing and experimentation, including usability, and A/B and multivariate testing.
Oversees the project team on day-to-day operations of project deliverables and problem resolution as needed. Coordinates with Project Managers on project schedules, assignments, and workflow.
Works with other developers both on the project team and across divisions to advocate for functional and efficient production client-side code. Collaborates with designers to realize and finalize prescribed web designs and system behaviors. Works with project teams to understand the business needs, and creates working code to demonstrate the design solutions as necessary. Delegates work to other team members as necessary.
Effectively presents work to the project team, stakeholders, and department and senior management.
Maintains awareness of all of the available components and patterns, and works with project teams to identify new or revised components/patterns required to complete the designs. Collaborates with various IT groups for new and updated components/patterns.
Develops and continually enhances a client-side and server-side architecture for website development. Creates and maintains reusable front-end libraries for design patterns, behavior patterns, and components. Incorporates content management systems into the web architecture.
Provides manager with realistic estimates of the level of effort needed to complete new projects and reviews estimates from other team members.
Tests webpages and conducts functional testing for team projects when needed. Audits Vanguard webpages to ensure they project the desired look and feel. Completes applicable test documentation.
Performs code reviews of other team members' work and recommends changes to improve code quality. Incorporates feedback from other team members code reviews into own code.
Integrates code into build tools, and ensures successful deployments into test and production environments.
Researches, evaluates, and reports on the evolving technologies related to this role. Continually searches for new ways to utilize current tools and researches new tools that can enhance workflow. Works with other groups to get new tools approved for evaluation and standardization. Develops plans for implementing new tools into workflow. Recommends solutions that will be applicable across organizations.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in information technology or design, or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five years industry/field specific experience. Minimum of five years of front-end development.
- Experience with developing unit and end-to-end test cases using Jasmine, Cucumber, and Protractor.
- Experience with creating build scripts using Grunt or Gulp.
- Experience writing regular expressions preferred.
- Experience with node.js and related node-based tools, as well as the iPhone SDK preferred.
- Expert knowledge of web standards and cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Extensive experience taking design comps and translating them into their web-based equivalents.
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion and/or Git, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop.
- Expert knowledge of the following UI design practices and concepts: user-centered design, highly interactive interfaces, UI heuristics and principles, technical writing, business and user workflow, logical information organization and navigation, prototyping, and use case scenarios.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and multitasking skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including interviewing and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of the financial services industry.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top