Senior Android Developer
Build the products that are changing an industry.
We never stop working to make investing simpler and more successful for our clients. By promoting new ways of building software, you'll optimize products and keep our client experience improving at pace. Your work as an Android Engineer will not only give you true ownership of your products as you capitalize on a Lean Agile approach. It will change the way the world invests. Make it count.
Bring invention to investing
Focused on creating innovative user experiences, you'll continuously deliver imaginative solutions that also satisfy business needs. Your fresh ideas will directly impact one of our strategic focus areas and help us redefine the world of mutual funds. Your analytical approach to problem-solving will make you a valuable member of a collaborative team that shares ideas and solves problems in new ways. And at every stage of the process you'll enjoy many opportunities to deepen your knowledge and widen your experience.
Come join our growing, enthusiastic and hardworking Mobile development team! We are looking for a technical leader to support our Android and iOS native apps and participate in the development of brand new apps with a modern design and architecture. This position is to report in our innovative and customer-centric Client Experience division in our Malvern, PA or Charlotte NC office.
- Minimum 5 years as an Android developer.
- Undergraduate degree in software engineering or a related field, equivalent training and experience
- The latest Android SDK / Android Studio
- Kotlin a plus
- Mobile Backend (NodeJS)
- RESTful Services (Sprint Boot / Java on AWS)
- CD Pipeline (Bamboo / Fastlane)
- Git (Bitbucket)
- JIRA / Slack / Trello
- Adobe Analytics
What it takes
- Contributes to develop and maintain an inclusive and highly-collaborative environment for the team
- Highly collaborative, a fast learner and willing to work wherever you're needed on the team.
- Able to effectively communicate technical issues in a manner all can understand.
- Able to work with Scrum Masters and Product Owners to prioritize work relative to both delivering business value and addressing technical debt.
- Translates stories into design & code. Develops well-engineered code and test artifacts backed by automated tests
- Research and employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure quality and improve velocity of the team
- Elevates code into the development, test, and production environments on schedule.
- Follows Agile software development methodology. Follows architecture standards and standard methodologies
Inclusion at Vanguard Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing what is right requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top