Senior Android Developer
Build the products that are changing an industry
At Vanguard, we never stop working to make investing simpler and more successful for our clients. By promoting new ways of building software, you'll optimize products and keep our client experience improving at pace. Your work as an Android Engineer will not only give you true ownership of your products as you capitalize on a Lean Agile approach. It will change the way the world invests. Make it count.
In this role you will:
As an Android Engineer on Vanguard's Client Experience program, you'll work on a fully dedicated, cross-functional, co-located and durable team given the autonomy required to deliver solutions which fulfill client needs and drive business outcomes within the context of client journeys. The team will operate with enhanced speed and agility to deliver meaningful customer experiences in a rapid build-measure-learn manner.
Come join our growing, enthusiastic and hardworking Mobile development team! We are looking for a technical leader to support our Android and iOS native apps and participate in the development of brand new apps with a modern design and architecture. This position is to report in our innovative and customer-centric Client Experience division in our Malvern, PA or Charlotte NC office.
nvention to investing
Focused on creating innovative user experiences, you'll continuously deliver imaginative solutions that also satisfy business needs. Your fresh ideas will directly impact one of our strategic focus areas and help us redefine the world of mutual funds. While your analytical approach to problem-solving, underpinned by strong organizational skills, will make you a valuable member of a collaborative team that shares ideas and solves problems in new ways. And at every stage of the process you'll enjoy many opportunities to deepen your knowledge and widen your experience.
What it takes
- Contributes to develop and maintain an inclusive and highly-collaborative environment for the team
- Highly collaborative, a fast learner and willing to work wherever you're needed on the team.
- Able to effectively communicate technical issues in a manner all can understand.
- Able to work with Scrum Masters and Product Owners to prioritize work relative to both delivering business value and addressing technical debt.
- Translates stories into design & code. Develops well-engineered code and test artifacts backed by automated tests
- Research and employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure quality and improve velocity of the team
- Elevates code into the development, test, and production environments on schedule.
- Follows Agile software development methodology. Follows architecture standards and standard methodologies
Specializations that'll make an impact:
- The latest Android SDK / Android Studio
- Java and Kotlin
- Expresso and Mobile Backend (NodeJS)
- RESTful Services (Sprint Boot / Java on AWS)
- CD Pipeline (Bamboo / Fastlane)
- Git (Bitbucket)
- JIRA / Slack / Trello
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top