Senior Advertising Media Manager
- Malvern, PA
Vanguard's Brand Marketing team is expanding its capabilities to better define and tell Vanguard's story in ways that set us apart and inspire action. These new roles will help develop brand marketing and advertising campaigns that connect Vanguard's mission to investor needs. This team is conducting a search for an Advertising Media Manager. The Advertising Media Manager will own the relationship with our media agency while driving the creation and delivery of an insights-driven media approach that inspires innovative strategies and activation plans. This role will be expected to drive business results by focusing on a test and learn approach to media strategy. They will also lead and develop the team responsible for advertising campaign management including multi-channel media strategy and planning and buying. It is an exciting time to be at Vanguard as we have a compelling story to tell and an opportunity, in a crowded market, to connect with clients and prospects by putting their interest first!
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with external media partners to plan and execute paid media strategies to drive business results across traditional and emerging media channels.
- Manage a team of specialists in media execution, digital advertising, search engine marketing, and production of enterprise-wide advertising development, execution, and monitoring.
- Work closely with analytics and measurement partners to assess the impact of campaign performance and optimize media strategies to drive business results.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and internal expert to ensure media alignment across the enterprise. Collaborate across various marketing teams for the right solutions.
- Build and maintain effective relationships. Proactively foster communication between internal department and external department's stakeholders. Influence key decisions across stakeholder groups. Manage the relationship with media agencies. Includes oversight of ad agency resource management, facilitating and negotiating the SOW contracts and business information sharing with agencies as appropriate.
- Provide guidance and consultation on media best practices and common obstacles based on prior experiences. Directs media plans well-informed by the competitive landscape and suited for the regulatory environment
- Have experience developing and executing high impact B2B and B2C campaigns across all paid media channels, specifically digital, television, social, programmatic, search, and content marketing. Minimum 8-10 years experience. Agency experience a plus.
- Possess deep understanding of the rapidly evolving media landscape and the regulatory and privacy implications
- Have proven ability to analyze campaign results across channels, derive actionable insights from data and drive media strategies to meet business objectives.
- Have proven experience in managing client and/or external relationships.
- Possess strong leadership skills, with the proven ability to motivate others, foster teamwork, and collaborate and have the ability to handle complex situations and interact with all levels of personnel within the Vanguard organization.
- Have a solid understanding and appreciation of the Vanguard brand and how it is positioned in the market.
Fulfilling Your Mission
This group shares in Vanguard's mission to take a stand for all investors. You will support this mission while driving the organization forward through the continuous development of both new and existing crew. You'll gain consensus on strategy, positioning, and story ideas through your keen ability to engage and influence others within the Brand space. Are you up for the challenge?
What it Takes:
- Minimum eight years related work experience, three years of marketing experience.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing or equivalent experience required. Graduate degree preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top