Vanguard is seeking a Senior Accountant to produce accurate accounting information for the Vanguard Group, Inc., including domestic and international subsidiaries. Accounting information produced by the team is used for internal accounting, external regulatory reporting, and tax reporting. To maintain effective internal controls and to work closely with the entities to optimize efficiency of corporate accounting processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Executes the full range of monthly accounting close activities for assigned legal entities and/or functional areas, including review, analysis, and measuring of economic activities, ensuring the proper recording of financial activities according to US and international accounting and reporting standards, statutory reporting requirements, and Corporate policies. Prepares monthly general ledger account reconciliations and reviews, approves, and posts journal entries.
2. Analyzes domestic and international business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to ensure accurate recording of financial position. Prepares and communicates monthly financial results and internal controls summary to senior finance department management (US and International).
3. Identifies issues independently. Leads the efforts of self and others to research, develop recommendations, and implement changes to resolve complex issues, improve accuracy, and improve process efficiency. Works with key business partners to effectuate process changes. Documents all modifications and communicate to management and to the appropriate internal clients.
4. Designs, recommends, and implements internal control procedures that ensure proper recording and reporting of financial position and prevent significant errors in accounting records.
5. Provides support for external auditors during annual audit. Prepares all assigned responsibilities by the dates established in Audit Plan.
6. Provides accounting policy and procedural training and subject matter expertise to Finance and other key business members.
7. Develops and maintains an understanding of legal and accounting relationships between the Vanguard Group, Inc. and subsidiaries, relationships and agreements between subsidiaries, and relationships and agreements between the Vanguard Group, Inc. and the Funds; and Vanguard’s business units and other areas in Corporate Financial Services. Develop and maintain an understanding of external financial reporting and disclosure requirements to ensure proper recording of business activities in accordance with these requirements.
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (in accounting or finance preferred) or equivalent combination of training and experience. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of three years related financial accounting experience.
- Thorough knowledge of US and international GAAP, internal controls, general ledger account analysis and reconciliation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Accounting software and spreadsheet software experience.
- International experience preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top