Security Technology Specialist IV - Infrastructure
To provide senior-level expertise, customization, and user support for third-party vendor technology products.
Duties and Responsibilities
Translates senior-level user-defined capabilities into system/product requirements. Works with more experienced technology specialists to understand business rationale and client expectations.
Assesses the feasibility of requirement implementation and makes informed recommendations to management. Suggests mutually agreeable alternatives, when applicable.
Implements agreed upon solutions to documented business needs. Customizes (recodes) standard third-party vendor products to comply with business needs.
Evaluates success of product modification and regularly monitors performance to ensure ongoing utility. Resolves complex issues as they arise.
Integrates third-party products into the Vanguard environment, frequently with the collaboration of Systems Integration teams. Evaluates vendor products with respect to technical requirements to fill business capability needs, product maturity, and integration complexity.
Provides subject matter expertise in assigned projects through all phases of the development lifecycle. Defines field of use, standards, and best practices around assigned products and technologies.
Supports assigned products by responding independently to client inquiries and resolving issues of greater complexity. Provides technical guidance and mentoring to less senior crew.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five years experience in application design, architecture and development. Understanding of software engineering processes and system development life cycles.
- Expert systems experience with a product or technical area (e.g. Cognos, SAS, DataStage, Web Trends, Documentum, TeamSite, FileNet, etc.).
- Strong problem solving skills and capability to understand and set direction for complex technology integration.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills and capability to lead teams.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry a plus.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top