Security Technology Specialist IV - Applications
To provide expert-level expertise, customization, and user support for third-party vendor technology products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translates expert-level user-defined capabilities into system/product requirements. Utilizes domain expertise to influence direction for department and Vanguard. Attends client meetings to understand the business and elicit client needs.
- Assesses the feasibility of requirement implementation and makes informed recommendations to management. Suggests mutually agreeable alternatives, when applicable.
- Implements agreed upon solutions to documented business needs. Implements agreed upon solutions to documented business needs. Customizes (recodes) standard third-party vendor products to comply with business needs.
- Evaluates success of product modification and regularly monitors performance to ensure ongoing utility. Resolves complex issues as they arise.
- Integrates third-party products into the Vanguard environment, frequently with the collaboration of Systems Integration teams. Evaluates vendor products with respect to technical requirements to fill business capability needs, product maturity, and integration complexity.
- Provides subject matter expertise in assigned projects through all phases of the development lifecycle. Defines field of use, standards, and best practices around assigned products and technologies.
- Supports assigned products by responding independently to client inquiries and resolving the most complex issues. Provides technical guidance and mentoring to less senior crew. Creates and conducts education sessions via brown bag or informal meetings.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum 8+ years experience in application design, architecture and development. Understanding of software engineering processes and system development life cycles.
- Expert systems experience with a product or technical area (e.g. Cognos, SAS, DataStage, Web Trends, Documentum, TeamSite, FileNet, etc.) and/or grammar and writing.
- Strong problem solving skills and capability to understand and set direction for complex technology integration.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills and capability to lead teams.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry a plus.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top