Security Pricing - Senior Analyst
- Dublin, Ireland
Due to the expansion of our Security Pricing team in Dublin, we are recruiting for a Senior Analyst to join the team. In this role you will research and analyze the valuation of fixed income and equity securities as well as foreign exchange rates held by domestic and internationally domiciled Vanguard funds. The team maintains strong relationships and works collaboratively with various cross-site partners, internal stakeholders, and external advisors and third-party vendors to facilitate operational and project work in order to support a global operating model. The Security Pricing Team is critical to protecting Vanguard from financial and reputational risk due to the direct impact of valuations to the daily accounting for our Vanguard funds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Researches, analyzes, and determines security valuations in order to ensure timely and accurate valuations of all securities and foreign exchange rates held within domestically and internationally domiciled mutual funds, Separately Managed Accounts and institutional products. Ensures that the process strictly adheres to the funds' prospectus and/or Board of Directors' (BOD) pricing policies, and reviews relevant reporting to be provided to the Pricing Review Committee and BOD.
2. Independently identifies and resolves complex operational issues and assists less tenured crew. Supports the management team with review of daily, weekly and monthly pricing deliverables. Takes the initiative to create or modify processes to support fund initiatives, financial statement reporting requirements, and regulatory changes.
3. Serves as liaison between the Investment Management Group, fund advisors, third-party data vendors, custodian banks, pricing governing bodies, and audit and compliance teams when issues or opportunities arise. Represents Vanguard professionally within stakeholder interactions as a subject-matter-expert. Proactively resolves elevated issues relating to stakeholder relationships and can elevate as necessary to management.
4. Leads business critical projects by completing a comprehensive impact analysis, recommending appropriate solutions, and participating in the implementation process. Able to effectively communicate with project team members, stakeholders, and sponsors. Partners with project managers/leads, business clients, department leadership, and IT to determine the scope and requirements for efforts related to FFS 2020, a multiyear organizational transformation program.
5. Provides coaching and training to support on-boarding and continuous education activities to build subject matter expertise. Coaches others and provides feedback to crew and management on various operational items and project management activities.
6. Identifies process improvement opportunities and proactively propose solutions to senior management. Identifies and resolves mission critical process concerns independently.
7. Acts as a lead of an initiative team to foster an effective work environment, collects and reports on VUE metrics, maintains effective controls to mitigate risk, ensures contingency preparedness, supports and maintains end user computing tools, and/or supports new product launches as they relate to Security Pricing.
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned. Facilitates department overviews and sit-with sessions to prospective new hire and rotational candidates and provides feedback to management team.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree (Accounting or Finance preferred) or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Previous industry experience. Accounting or finance related experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical ability, research and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of various technologies (MS Office, Bloomberg, Reuters Eikon, etc.).
- Proven teamwork capabilities; strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple initiatives. Strong project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience in the development and implementation of initiatives from strategy through to execution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize and present information in a clear and concise way to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work in a multi-site environment and support Global Fund Accounting operations and initiatives.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top