Security Infrastructure & Platform Technology Specialist
To provide senior-level expertise, customization, and user support for third-party vendor technology products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Translates intermediate-level user-defined capabilities into system/product requirements. Works with more experienced technology specialists to understand business rationale and client expectations.
Assesses the feasibility of requirement implementation and makes informed recommendations to management. Suggests mutually agreeable alternatives, when applicable.
Implements agreed upon solutions to documented business needs. Customizes (recodes) standard third-party vendor products to comply with business needs.
Evaluates success of product modification and regularly monitors performance to ensure ongoing utility. Resolves complex issues as they arise.
Integrates third-party products into the Vanguard environment, frequently with the collaboration of Systems Integration teams. Evaluates vendor products with respect to technical requirements to fill business capability needs, product maturity, and integration complexity.
Provides subject matter expertise in assigned projects through all phases of the development lifecycle. Defines field of use, standards, and best practices around assigned products and technologies.
Supports assigned products by responding independently to client inquiries and resolving issues of intermediate complexity.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- CISSP or CCSP certifications are a plus
- Two to three years experience in area of technical expertise. Understanding of software engineering processes and system development life cycles.
- Understanding of software engineering processes and system development life cycles.
- Strong problem solving skills and capability to understand and set direction for complex technology integration.
- Intermediate level UNIX/LINUX (RHEL) systems administration experience - PowerShell, Korn Shell, BASH, Python, SSH
- Intermediate level Windows Server experience, along with Active Directory
- Intermediate knowledge of application and infrastructure security concepts
- Intermediate level TCP/IP and Web-based internetworking concepts, including Protocols - HTTP/ SMPT, etc.
- Network concepts associated with firewalls, routers, load balancers, and network segmentation
- Troubleshooting experience leveraging sniffer, netstat, TCPdump, etc.
- Intermediate level AWS scripting
- Knowledge of database technologies, including Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2. Basic understanding of SQL language is a plus
- Strong teamwork skills and capability to lead teams.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top