Securities Lending Operations Analyst
START WHERE FUTURE INVESTMENT LEADERS STARTED
The Operations Analyst plays a critical role in developing and executing on value creation strategies, defining and defending the flanks in an evolving regulatory environment, and driving the Global Securities Lending Program agenda
As a Lending Operations Analyst your typical day includes:
- Perform complex reconciliations with rotations within Domestic Settlements & Collateral Management, International Settlements, Reporting & Reconciliations, and Recalls and Corporate Actions
- Provide trade processing support for Securities Lending Traders through coordination and communication of transactions with custodian banks and brokers. Collaborates with the trading function to develop reports and analyses that allow the Traders to effectively re-rate loans, execute trading strategies, utilize supply, and monitor trading performance relative to industry benchmarks and Vanguard’s agent lenders. Develops, prepares and communicates daily and monthly revenue and risk reports.
- Identifies, measures, manages, and monitors operational risks and proactively seeks to mitigate those risks by developing improved processes, policies, controls and relationships with internal partners.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive documentation for all group procedures including contract compare, mark-to-market, returns, recalls, buy-ins, dividend collection, corporate actions, reconciliations and reporting of cash figures to Cash Management and Fixed Income Groups.
- Leads projects of a limited scope or assigned sections of a larger initiative. Defines, recommends, plans, coordinates and executes projects as part of an overall initiative, or participates in such activities. Leads or assists project lead in working with various stakeholders to determine project scope, gather requirements, and implement solutions. Works with appropriate parties to plan, schedule, coordinate and manage business activities required to deliver project solutions.
Bring your future to Vanguard and benefit from:
- Vanguard’s culture of promoting from within
- Work-life balance details
- What opportunities to develop yourself exist
- How leaders will support you.
- Any general opportunities to do work outside of normal duties.
The ideal candidate:
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent relationship management skills, ability to work independently, and strong attention to detail
- Undergraduate degree (accounting, finance or economics preferred), or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum two years of relevant business experience (accounting or finance related experience preferred).
- Ability to multi-task and to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated financial, security market and fund operations knowledge.
- Strong PC skills, proficiency in MS Excel and MS Access.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Solid planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- A commitment to strengthening communities by donating time, talent, and treasure.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Note: Vanguard cannot offer visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, your employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top