To understand business processes and software capabilities to direct internal clients to design access roles. To assess the impact of internal client requests on the organization's risk profile. Supports Vanguard's global access management operations by identifying access conflicts, documenting controls, and analyzing and implementing new and existing roles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads effort to design and execute future state role management processes. Assists in development of segregation of duties matrix and identification of conflicts. Assists in identifying and implementing mitigating controls for conflicts.
- Understands business process and software capabilities in order to direct clients on the proper means of authorization management and to ensure appropriate use of software and process knowledge.
- Consults with business partners to define scope and delineate access capabilities. Analyzes and validates access needs and determines role ownership. Works with internal clients to assess relative risk within roles to help identify high-risk access, segregation of duties conflicts and existing mitigating controls.
- Reviews requests for new roles or changes/modifications/deletions to existing roles and determines risk to organization. Ensures consistency with role methodology and proactively address potential impacts. Proposes changes to roles and gains agreement from clients to pursue implementation of role methodology.
- Executes control steps to determine the quality of work performed. Identifies opportunities more broadly within access management and applies risk management knowledge to improve the efficiency and effectiveness. Participates in efforts to implement process improvement.
- Maintains and develops an awareness of issues, current developments and best practices within the Identity & Access Management discipline. Presents recommendations to management that could improve or resolve Vanguard's security access issues.
- Participates in special projects and performs duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum three years related experience, including experience with security administration
- Experience developing strategy or roadmap documents for clients and documenting new and updated business processes resulting from new technology solutions
- Knowledge of security technologies, including digital signature, encryption, and multi-factor authentication
- Knowledge of physical access control systems and federated identity protocols
- Strong analytical, conceptual thinking and technical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build effective working relationships with internal clients (e.g., ERM, Service Leads)
- Demonstrated innovation and creativity in approaches and solutions
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top