Risk Director, Global Investment Services
- Malvern, PA
Risk Director, Global Investment Services
, you will work in our Finance Risk department which is part of Vanguard's Global Risk and Security Division. The scope of our work involves Vanguard's global investment services, fund operations, and corporate financial functions. You will be seen as a valued partner and trusted resource to enable Vanguard's business strategy; protect clients, crew and assets; and steward a risk-smart culture. The team is comprised of collaborative, hard-working, highly motivated, and technically-skilled professionals who consistently deliver high-quality work in a challenging and dynamic environment. With a number of strategic initiatives underway, you will have the opportunity to work with senior leadership to help them understand risk and control implications while proposing solutions to optimize business outcomes within the organization's risk appetite. The Finance Risk Department is located in Malvern, PA and also covers risk related to financial operations in Scottsdale, AZ and the Americas, Europe, Asia and Oceania.
In this role you will:
- Partner with the global finance organization to help manage risk for the overall enterprise, funds, and investors.
- Focus on risk for global investment services, such as trade operations securities lending, and investment data management activities.
- Lead a team of 4 to 5 direct reports and be a key part of the leadership team working to build and evolve the Finance Risk function. You will report directly to the Head of Finance Risk.
- Be responsible for advising and guiding leadership within the Finance organization.
- Maintain primary relationships with divisional leadership and risk partners, and impact the future shape of the risk organization. A successful candidate will bring strong leadership experience, a consultative approach and a solutions-oriented, global mindset to support ongoing operations and change initiatives.
What it takes:
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills, professional curiosity, a continuous improvement mindset
- The desire and aptitude to question the status quo and drive innovation while exemplifying the highest degree of credibility and integrity.
- A blend of business expertise and risk management skills with sound judgment, ability to apply practical thinking in weighing the potential for risk against business decisions.
- Broad conceptual thinking with the ability to translate complex concepts into executable programs and to align risk management strategies with business objectives.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, ability to navigate and be persuasive in a matrixed environment
- Excellent relationship management, communication, and analytical skills
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum eight years of relevant experience
- Minimum of two years related leadership experience
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top