Risk Data Analyst
The Finance division is home to crew and leaders who drive sustainable value across the global enterprise. Our high caliber professionals serve as trusted and influential strategic partners to business leaders across the organization in the areas of financial modeling, fiscal responsibility, product development and administration, risks and controls, real estate and facilities management, and enterprise supply management. Internal to the Finance division, high caliber professionals in our Finance Transformation group lead the division to future state operating models through leadership of large scale global transformations.
Our strong focus on value creation across the enterprise is equaled by our unwavering commitment to creating a culture and environment that maximizes the impact and potential of crew, and develops future generations of leaders in the organization.
Vanguard's Finance division is a talent destination for exceptional financial professionals looking to be part of a best-in-class organization that is one of Vanguard's most trusted voices. The Finance Transformation group is currently seeking Risk Data Analysts to support the Risk Strategy & Governance (RS&G) team through data analytics, risk reporting and data governance activities, enhancing the value provided to risk teams across the enterprise. Support the development and maintenance of Vanguard's enterprise governance, risk and compliance (eGRC) system, ensuring continued alignment to existing and future taxonomy initiatives and methodology frameworks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the oversight and maintenance of the eGRC system, ensuring accurate risk reporting, data analytics and metrics gathering by RS&G.
- Work directly with RS&G Risk Analysts to understand eGRC methodology, reporting, and analytics requirements. Collaborate with the Risk Data Specialist to further define and manage eGRC requirements and technical controls, ensuring continued alignment to the risk framework.
- Aggregate risk data across the divisions to design, develop and deliver meaningful data analyses that support divisional reporting, scorecards and analytics, and Key Risk Indicator (KRI) metrics.
- Assist with compiling risk data and exposure metrics for enterprise, cross-divisional risk, and RS&G teams, as needed.
- Participate in risk projects, as required, to ensure seamless data enhancements for risk teams across the enterprise.
- Present details in an easily understood and meaningful format, while maintaining a broader business perspective on risk data. Apply the risk management framework to assigned processes, projects and support activities.
- Identify, investigate and recommend improvements for enterprise data integrity, gathering and reporting.
- Collaborate across RS&G and other enterprise/divisional risk teams to continually evolve data analyses, insight and reporting.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree and/or Professional Certification (CPA, CIA, CISI, MBA) preferred.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience.
- Familiarity with risk management principles and eGRC systems preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with external and internal stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Readily learns new complex concepts and has the ability to incorporate them into analyses and decision making.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Tableau and Access, including their reporting capabilities.
- Technical reporting expertise (i.e., innovation, creation, quality assurance) is required. Demonstrated ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data to draw conclusions and present those findings in an easily understood and meaningful manner.
- There are multiple openings available.
- FINRA licenses are not required; however, those currently holding licenses can maintain them in this role.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- You should be aware this will designate you as a Fund Access Person and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top