Risk Assessment and Validation Lead - Institutional Investment Group
- Malvern, PA
Protect our mission by protecting our clients
Doing what is right for investors means safeguarding the business. That takes strategy and that takes you.
Do you have a passion for enabling business strategy while also protecting client and Vanguard interests?
In this role we will call on your risk and controls management expertise to lead a team that will work with both management and crew to collectively identify and evaluate risks and associated controls within our Institutional Investor Group (IIG).
In July, Vanguard announced it will partner with Infosys as part of its ongoing strategy to enhance and evolve its full-service defined contribution (DC) business. This strategic partnership will deliver a technology-driven approach to plan administration and fundamentally reshape the corporate retirement plan experience for its sponsors and participants.
The Strategic Partner Office (SPO) is a new subdivision in Vanguard's Institutional Investor Group (IIG) division. The SPO will manage the relationship with Infosys and the service model. The SPO will lead the integration of applicable record keeping functions between Vanguard and Infosys and is in place to monitor and provide governance for service delivery, relationship management, training, risk and controls, and more. Committees aligned to specific functions such as risk, compliance, technology, and operations track performance in real time through tollgates and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Risk & Controls Team
The Risk & Controls Management Team is part of the SPO and responsible for the Governance and Oversight of Infosys', along with other enterprise critical and tier 1 suppliers', control environments . The team will be integral in the development of the risk oversight structure and will perform on-going risk aggregation and reporting, issue management, policy administration, and overall risk program maintenance and reviews.
In this role you will:
- Lead, motivate and supervise a team of risk analysts
- Ensure compliance with enterprise risk assessment and controls design and testing policies
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of the execution of RCSA program elements such as:
-assignment of controls effectiveness ratings
- calibration with other lines of defense as appropriate (ERM and Compliance)
-issue and action plan management
- issue escalation (through BallastPoint)
- action plan design, execution and reporting
- Closely coordinate with the Head of Risk & Controls Management and Risk Aggregation Reporting and Issues Management Lead to:
- identify topics for 'targeted reviews'
-identify potential gaps in internal Risk Key Vendors oversight processes
-Periodically re-assess exception/outlier thresholds triggering escalation
- Facilitate and manage responses to Internal Audit and/or Compliance inspections
- Partner and collaborate with the appropriate ERM teams to periodically assess the Risk & Controls vertical adherence to the relevant enterprise policies, review RCSA program risk ratings, review issues/action plans
- Oversee the preparation of RCSA program performance reports
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum 5-7 years' business experience including: performing risk and control self-assessments and team supervision
- Strong knowledge of business operational controls, risk management practices and control assessment frameworks (i.e., COSO)
- Strong knowledge of BallastPoint functionality (Archer GRC)
- Knowledge of SharePoint, MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Leads a team of supervisors and/or specialists to support the department's development, implementation, and management of an effective operational risk program.
- Vanguard is not providing sponsorship for this role.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top