RIG New Ways of Working Manager
- Malvern, PA
Our mission starts with you The Retail New Ways of Working (NWoW) program is looking for candidates to lead teams of continuous improvement coaches referred to as Navigators. NWoW Managers drive organizational change through the adoption of continuous improvement tools, systems, and principles including Lean Management and Agile. Managers will lead their team both through the initial deployment and training of NWoW and continuing support once deployment is over. There are three openings for NWoW managers which will be aligned with business groups without Vanguards Retail Investor Groupp (RIG). These Managers will be supporting Relationship Management and Sales (RMS), Personal Advisor Services (PAS), as well as the Strategic Enablement group within Retail Strategic Support (RSS). The RMS and PAS roles will primarily be supporting business teams while the Strategic Enablement role will be supporting an organization of product owners.
In this role you will
- Support divisional strategies to increase business performance using New Ways of Working. Represent NWoW in leadership and planning meetings.
- Concatenate improvement data by quantifying impact of projects on financials, productivity, customer experience, quality, risk, and compliance for roll up reporting, recognition, celebration and awards. Use key metrics to measure business-unit performance and monitor process performance over time.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with internal clients (primarily senior leaders) and key stakeholders.
- Lead NWoW deployment to all teams through Lab, Sustain and Continuous Improvement Phases (e.g. creation and implementation of plans, training), maintain infrastructure and sustains the NWoW culture, monitors progress, and makes adjustments as needed.
- Leader of coaches as a people manager including performance management.
- Independently drive improvement projects with a client first mindset. Identify areas of process improvement. Execute tracking action plans, analyze programs and oversee progress for all Lean improvements for teams supported. Coordinate follow-up meetings for every team to ensure work is completed and improvements are continued and sustained. Use the NWoW toolset including Standard Work, Huddle boards, team huddles, identification of sources and removal of waste, 5S, value add analysis and value stream mapping.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Innovating for client success As we forge into a reinvigorated future in Vanguard's Retail Investor Group ( RIG ) , the New Ways of Working (NWoW) team is continuing to roll-out industry-tested mindsets, principles, and tools to enable a division of empowered, collaborative, and outcomes-oriented crew. Our team is looking to expand with crew who are passionate about coaching, training, and guiding RIG leaders and crew through the transformation of their work practices, at all levels in the organization. NWoW seeks to bring the best modern work practices to life at Vanguard to increase productivity and speed, improve outcomes, and drive crew engagement.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience (Consulting, industrial engineering, process improvement).
- Minimum of five years related work experience with progressive responsibility.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, relationship management, and critical thinking skills.
- Completion of Mckinsey Lean Training, Lean certification or Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a proven ability to derive meaningful insights from identified sources of waste.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong facilitation and presentation skills to varying audiences.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly and complete multiple assignments simultaneously with high quality.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently.
Specializations that will make an impact
- Knowledge of Financial industry and Vanguard would be beneficial.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- The RMS and Product openings are for PA, NC, and AZ while the PAS role is targeted to PA and NC crew.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top