RIG Business Analyst
To partner with business and technology partners to provide relevant, timely, accurate insight into the operation of the business through the use of reporting, analysis, visualization, and discussion. Lead with analytics and insight and provide coaching and development to less tenured analysts.
Duties and Responsibilities
Obtain and analyze data using advanced statistical tools (regression, hypothesis testing )and share findings that lead to greater client insight, optimized performance, enhanced engagement, improved retention, increased revenue and/or decreased cost. Demonstrates independence and proactive thinking while pursuing and promoting discussion and debate on their analysis.
Works with Team Leader to onboard new analysts and proactively shares knowledge with other analysts across client teams.
Communicate results, interpretations, conclusions and suggestions in a manner that maximizes business partner's understanding of the impact to their operations. Clarify client needs to ensure that their needs are properly understood.
Produce robust business, process, and crew reports/performance tools which support business goals and objectives. Leverage peers and other resources in identifying the most efficient techniques to maximize benefit to business partners. Seek to maximize automation of reporting.
Ensure a deep awareness and understanding of all data sources so that client needs can be met in an effective and thorough manner. When appropriate use knowledge depth/experience to troubleshoot any/all issues associated with data collection and availability.
Work with Client Insight, IT, or any other relevant group to ensure the data collection and analysis infrastructure enables you to meet the needs of clients.
Identify, implement, and support thorough testing and quality controls to ensure only the highest quality outputs are delivered to our clients. Support supervisor in ensuring the quality of less tenured analysts meet the expectations of our clients and expectations of their position.
Deep understanding of businesses supported to ensure that proper context is used to shape deliverables.
Manages portfolio of work to ensure work stays on track and clients are informed of progress. Work with business partners, supervisor, and relationship manager to ensure appropriate prioritization of work.
Participate in software elevation discussions to advocate for data interests of business partners and integrate new technologies into workflows.
Provide business partner with insight into impact to key performance indicators that may result as a result of significant changes to business processes.
Build strong relationships with business partners through functional expertise and cross-functional client team awareness to create a bond of trust and ensure a free flow of communication.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics is preferred, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum three years work experience in an analyst/IT role preferred.
- Analysis experience at a financial services firm preferred, with daily use of advanced tools to extract, manipulate, transform and analyze large quantities of complex data. And solid working knowledge of statistics and Six Sigma principles/tools
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access and beginner to intermediate knowledge of SQL is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced visual BI tool knowledge (i.e., Tableau, Amazon QuickSight, etc.) Cognos BI- Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Cognos 8 or 10, Enterprise tables, Retail Data Warehouse, and MINITAB experience is a plus
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively and independently with strong time management skills
5 positions available.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top