To oversee accurate, timely, and strategic execution of RFx materials (including Requests for Information, Requests for Proposals, and Requests for Quotations), providing expertise and guidance to RFx Analysts in the Enterprise Supply Management organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage staff, creating a strong team atmosphere. Conduct regular one-on-one meetings and provide guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hire, evaluate and counsel personnel. Follow corporate performance management procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Set performance standards, review performance, provide feedback, and recommend wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Oversees RFx Analysts in their RFx documentation and project administration activities, by assigning RFx engagements to RFx Analysts and participating in ongoing touchpoints with the business and other sourcing teams.
- Provides expertise to RFx Analysts in document creation (e.g., drafting questions, managing suppliers, making decisions on suppliers based on RFP analysis, communicating with Strategic Sourcing teams).
- Coordinates with Strategic Operations Lead and Strategic Sourcing teams to support Strategic Sourcing through RFX documentations and project administration.
- Provides a framework that supports effective and efficient execution of procurement policies/procedures and manages operational efficiency of department.
- Supports crew adherence to procurement policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field preferred or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of five years general business experience, previous experience buying goods/services (incl. contract negotiations) preferred.
- Experience managing teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with financial support systems and e-commerce.
- Experience working with all levels of an organization (internal and external).
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top