The RFP Specialist will support the sales process by strategically preparing complete, accurate and compelling responses to Request For Proposals (RFPs), Request For Information (RFI) and other ad-hoc information requests from prospects, existing clients and the sales team. Uses experience and knowledge to respond to requests; edits, and researches responses for complex and high profile opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directly supports the process of responding to RFPs / RFIs from prospects and existing clients using a combination of pre-written and customized responses. Reviews, interprets, researches, and responds to multiple series of questions about investment options and service offerings within short, predetermined time frames.
- Utilizes a wide variety of resources, including subject matter experts from all business areas to research and write thoughtful responses which respond accurately to detailed questions about Vanguard's investment options and service capabilities. Facilitates the addition of these specialized responses to the content database, where appropriate.
- Responsible for responding to other requests including industry surveys, sales material, client deliverables when requested, in an accurate and timely manner. Obtaining approval when needed, and ensuring consistency with responses.
- Coordinates subject matter expert research as needed, drafts responses, and makes value-added suggestions to enhance the overall marketing position of RFP responses.
- Ensures content consistency across sales mediums by identifying standard and non-standard responses and partnering with the appropriate SMEs to devise new responses when warranted. Focuses on using process improvement principles to identify and own process improvements.
- Acts as team resource and back-up to RFP leadership. Assists with reviewing RFP drafts and managing the RFP queue and reporting needs.
- Displays professionalism by taking ownership of RFP/ RFI completion and other client deliverables, ensuring that both internal and external client deadlines are not missed.
- Ability to develop a strong knowledge of Vanguard products and services. Provides information on investment options and incorporates fund performance and other data where necessary. Partners with members of Vanguard's Sales Team to strategically position investment options and services.
- Responsible for understanding and ensuring the effective use of RFP software applications.
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility by accommodating frequent workload changes and tight deadlines. Thinks strategically about the best ways to complete requests. Practices effective time and project management skills, keeping all stakeholders in the process updated on progress.
- Provides the RFP content manager with direction and in the absence of a RFP content manager, uses judgment to determine which RFP responses should be added to the content database.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned. Participates in potential presentations to the team, management and, other departments if applicable.
- An undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of three years work experience. RFP, Sales, or marketing background preferred.
- Knowledge of the Institutional Retirement Market preferred
- Knowledge of Vanguard's business, including extensive fund and/or product and services capabilities knowledge preferred.
- In depth knowledge of investment options preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently, and to handle workload changes and tight deadlines. Project experience preferred.
- Professional presence; ability to interact with senior-level management across the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Writing skills required. Must be able to develop information into thoughtful and professional content for use in the sales process. Fluency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Understanding of Process Improvement principles and methodologies.
Vanguard welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Back to top