Retirement Plan Services Representative
Advance your career and our mission
At Vanguard, we're taking a stand for investors. That starts with you. As a Retirement Plan Services Representative, you'll be our voice and our clients' advocate, as you help to build hundreds of financial futures. In this role, you will provide high quality service across Institutional Participant Services by supporting external employers 401(k) plan participants with their varied and complex needs - one may need help with a form, the next has never even heard of a mutual fund. Make it count.
In this role you will
- Respond to participant phone inquiries. Assist with account and plan information, regulatory or tax-related issues, financial and clerical transactions.
- Answering participant questions via written communication.
- Build your financial acumen and communications skills into a successful career.
Make success accessible to everyone
Are you a relationship builder, partnering with others to make an impact? Then let's step forward together to change the way the world invests. We treat our clients and crew with care and compassion. Heavy culture of promoting from within, access to leaders who provide industry knowledge, career coaching, and mentoring. As you progress you will have opportunities to work on impactful projects, and serve as an expert consultant. We'll be there to support you as you turn your ambitions into action.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree with a preferred minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent combination of training and experience. Minimum of one year related business experience preferred.
- Demonstrate grit and determination in problem solving and accomplishing goals.
- Exceptional client service skills with strong communication skills.
- Excel in explaining complex information in ways that are easy to understand.
- Thrives in fast-paced work environments that can be ambiguous and require flexibility.
- Share our commitment to strengthening communities by donating time, talent, and treasure.
- Ability to have fun, be engaged and inspire others in a team environment.
- Flexibility to work occasional overtime.
Vanguard cannot offer visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, your employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Tamara T.Senior Leader, Talent Acquisition
Tamara and her team act as an embedded marketing team within the talent acquisition department, creating campaigns that reach the right candidates for Vanguard.
Back to top