Retirement Plan Service Representative
To develop knowledge of Vanguard’s Client Relationship Group, retirement plan products and services, the overall financial markets, and the related legal, tax, and regulatory issues in order to respond accurately and thoroughly to client inquiries.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops basic knowledge of Vanguard funds, products and services, the overall financial services industry through classroom training, on-the-job training, and self study.
2. Provides high quality client service across Institutional Participant Services by responding to participant phone inquiries and providing account and plan information from various information systems.
3. Provide fund and investment performance information to participants by phone.
4. Respond to plan participant inquiries pertaining to certain legal, regulatory, and tax-related issues through verbal and written communication.
5. Identifies routine participant needs/problems with urgency, professionalism, and efficiency; determining alternative solutions; resolving the problem using current workflow procedures.
6. Initiates transactions for participants including loans, exchanges, allocations, and terminations.
7. Works with the various areas of the Institutional Investor Group Division to enhance overall quality and workflow efficiencies.
8. Appropriately utilizes management, resources and specialty resolution teams needed to resolve participant inquiries.
9. Provides industry knowledge to fund performance and retirement investing.
10. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one year general experience. Prior customer service experience, preferably in financial services is preferred.
- Ability to relate, empathize and quickly build rapport with participants.
- Effective listening and probing skills to identify cues, understand needs and provide relevant solutions.
- Passion for the financial services industry and a desire to help participants reach their financial goals.
- Demonstrates the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Working knowledge of computer and related software applications.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask in a highly visible, fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Ability to work effectively with others as a member of a team.
Overtime occasionally required.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top