Retirement Plan Service Internship
Participant Services Internship Program
Our program takes you on a path designed to fully immerse yourself in Vanguard’s culture and the financial industry. The internship program is tailored to provide division-specific training on employer sponsored retirement plans, assisting institutional investors with meeting their financial goals, and gaining invaluable knowledge pertaining to all of the groups that make up the Participant Services department.
You’ll undoubtedly have the opportunity to be challenged, while still learning and growing. You’ll develop an in-depth understanding of Vanguard’s mission, our investment philosophy and how these elements impact our clients and crew, while networking and gaining experience in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
You’ll begin your senior year refreshed, knowledgeable, and with a priceless initiation into the financial industry. Upon successful completion of the program, you may receive an offer of employment.
About the program
The Participant Services Contact Center Internship Program is a structured, full-time, paid summer internship that offers you the opportunity to expand your expertise in Institutional Investments, while developing a broad understanding of Vanguard’s business. You’ll begin by going through our on-boarding process and training, assisting retirement plan participants by way of in-bound phone calls, participate in departmental overview sessions with industry experts, and communicate regularly with management. You will also have the opportunity to work on a project to help drive the business forward.
You’ll also learn to navigate successfully in a large corporation and develop professional relationships. To conclude the internship program, the intern team will have an opportunity to present to management.
To help ensure your success, you’ll receive the following support:
- An internship program leader and a department mentor to provide ongoing feedback.
- Networking events with management and peers.
- Opportunities to learn from experts.
- Exceptional hands-on experience.
- Strong, lasting relationships with peers and Vanguard.
- Skills to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
The ideal candidate is a current college junior in any major who possesses:
- Effective verbal and written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Adaptability, the ability to learn quickly, and take initiative.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result
Back to top