Retail Sales Consultant - PA 2021
- Malvern, PA
Advance your career and our mission
At Vanguard, serving people is at the heart of our purpose. That starts with you. As a Sales Consultant, you'll be an advocate for our clients and the voice of our organization. You'll provide exemplary service and support to like-minded investors who have chosen or are considering investing with Vanguard. Our "crew" as we call our employees, live the mission of doing the right thing for our shareholders every day. This is your opportunity to be part of that community.
In this role, you will:
- Support internal clients and prospects by responding to questions to ascertain the extent of the opportunity, obstacles, and the depth of information required.
- Educate clients on Vanguard financial planning services, philosophies, rationale, and position appropriate products and services based upon the uncovered client needs.
- Identify client's non-Vanguard assets, conduct advanced needs analysis of client's financial situation and provide clients with Vanguard's value proposition to win additional business.
- Manage and progress a book of clients and prospects that have not yet committed to the sale, understanding client and prospect buying, consolidation, and timing needs.
Make success accessible to everyone
Are you passionate about serving others? Then let's step forward together to change the way the world invests. We treat our clients and crew with care and compassion. Combine those values with a growth mindset, grit, determination, and learning agility -- and you could launch a dynamic career. We'll be there to support you as you turn your ambitions into action.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of two years related work experience. Two years' experience as a sales professional preferred
- This job requires a regulatory license and/or registration (e.g. FINRA, state, SFC). Series 7, 63 required
- Series 65/66 is strongly preferred or to be obtained within department guidelines.
- Broad knowledge of Vanguard funds, products and services and markets expected.
- Ability to deliver an exceptional client relationship management experience.
- Experience and comfort in dealing with ambiguity and ability to apply conceptual thinking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Comfort with web, email, social media channels in which clients engage with Vanguard.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
If you are offered and accept this position, and you do not have the necessary FINRA licenses for the role, then you must obtain the required licenses within the specified period of time. Additionally, if you are not currently registered with FINRA in any capacity, prior to moving into this licensed role, you will be asked to provide authorization for Vanguard to conduct a credit and criminal check in accordance with the FINRA regulations.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top