Retail Public Site Channel Manager
Reimagining the way marketing adds value to the business
Retail Marketing is in the midst of a unique transformation. The leadership team has spent the last several months developing a future state organization that will enable us to become a leading marketing company. Driven by core tenets of modern marketing - agile marketing, digital experience, Big Data, customer-centricity, compelling content, and marketing automation - we focused on designing structures and processes that will enable us to achieve new levels of retail growth. We believe that transformation is a movement that requires alignment of team values and mindset to build a cohesive culture across our Marketing teams. The Retail Marketing Team is conducting a search for a Retail Public Site Channel Manager. As the Retail Public Site Channel Manager, you will lead channel management of Retail's public site by supporting the development and evolution of the website strategy to enhance the digital user experience and drive marketing objectives. You will partner with cross-functional teams to ensure that website initiatives are implemented with an eye towards performance and conversion. You will help drive long-term website strategy by balancing data, technology, design, business and customer needs. You will have a strong understanding of a cross-channel customer engagement strategy and what the impacts are to a user's journey. You will use your expertise to manage web campaign executions end to end while providing a strategic lens throughout (inception, content creation, UX/design, asset inventory, development, QA). This is an extremely exciting time to be joining marketing and we welcome your experience, expertise, and ideas!
In this role, you will:
- Independently initiate and / or lead channel marketing programs, initiatives, promotions or research projects.
- Create channel marketing plans by translating business objectives into defined channel marketing goals, strategies, and tactics. Align channel marketing activity with deep understanding of sales strategy and targeted market.
- Provide guidance and consultation on channel marketing best practices and common obstacles based on prior experiences. Direct channel marketing plans that are well-informed by the competitive landscape and suited for the regulatory environment.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and internal expert to ensure the right solution is developed for various partners. Proactively communicate status and issues of channel marketing activity regularly to stakeholders, including sales professionals, business leaders, team members, and senior managers.
- Build and maintain effective relationships. Proactively foster communication between internal department and external departments stakeholders. Influence key decisions across stakeholder groups.
- Proactively identify, manage, and mitigate risks on channel marketing activities. Communicate solutions on key issues on channel marketing activity to management and stakeholders to obtain their input and buy-in as appropriate.
Fulfilling Your Mission
This group shares in Vanguard's mission to take a stand for all investors. You will support this mission while driving the organization forward through the continuous development of both new and existing crew. You'll gain consensus on strategy, positioning, and story ideas through your keen ability to engage and influence others within the Retail Marketing space. Are you up for the challenge?
What it Takes:
- Minimum five years related work experience, two years of marketing experience.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing or equivalent experience required. Graduate degree preferred.
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top