Advance the investment industry
Enterprise Advice (EA) is one of Vanguard's new strategic initiatives, and is uniquely setup to blend business, IT, and product management into a cohesive, dynamic organization. EA's mission is to improve outcomes for all individual investors through access to Vanguard's superior, trusted advice and perspectives.
To achieve this mission, EA research scientists will use research and experimentation to deepen the insights that will directly impact the advice products and ultimately the financial future of our investors. You will be working closely with Product Owners, Data Scientists, AI Engineers, Agile Delivery teams, and numerous consumers of research.
We are looking for individuals who are motivated by our mission, passionate about learning, interested in working with the latest technologies, and eager to work in a strong collaborative environment.
Do you have a strong background in economics, finance, statistics, computer science, or related quantitative analytical fields? Your research expertise will be used to develop proprietary strategies to benefit individual investors, institutional clients, the consulting community, the media, and policymakers.
In this role, you will:
- Engage in high-impact proprietary research to derive insights for the AI based digital financial advice platform, independently and in collaboration with business, IT, and data engineer teams.
- Design and conduct scientific experimentation projects to enable agile learning, as well as utilize advanced analytical approaches and causal inference methods with naturally occurring data, in order to seize new opportunities and identify critical insights for Vanguard.
- Be a voice for a company that stands up for its investors, ready to share your expertise with clients, the media, industry groups, policymakers, and internally with business partners.
- Keep up to speed with and foresee industry trends, market activity, and regulatory change, and ensure our investment strategies address them.
Step forward with a global market leader
At Vanguard, we're changing how the world invests, and you'll make sure that message comes across loud and clear through your research and experimentation work. A trusted authority, internally as well as externally, you'll guide management and business clients on cutting-edge strategies that will help more people than ever reach their goals. In this high-profile role, you'll use your analytical skills, as well as your essential communication skills to build your own profile alongside ours. Together we're a powerful force for change and progress.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree in an analytically oriented major, such as economics, statistics, mathematics or an applied social science, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five years of combined relevant work or academic experience in applying statistical analysis or econometric modeling in problem solving.
- Proven track record leading the development and delivery of advanced, actionable analytic products and services.
- Proficiency in applied statistical, econometric, causal inference, and experimentation techniques.
- Strong programming skills in Python, R, MATLAB, SQL, STATA or other statistical packages.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proclivity for process and production.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including strong presentation skills.
Specializations that will have an impact
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Also, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top