Regional Client Manager: Ultra High Net Worth Relationship Managers
- Charlotte, NC
Vanguard has an exciting Regional Client Manager: Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) Relationship Managers opportunity in our Retail Investor Group (RIG). As a Regional Client Manager you will maintain overall responsibility and accountability for a team of seasoned Relationship Managers promoting the growth, loyalty, retention and value creation of high-opportunity UHNW Clients with $5M or more in investable assets.
As a leader, you will directly influence our mission to serve as the growth engine for the Retail Investor Group. You will leverage your relationship management and sales expertise to deliver exceptional, personalized service, discover needs, and inspire action, giving current and future clients the best chance for investment success.
We are in year two of our department transformation with exciting opportunities to further shape and refine our relationship model. In 2021 we will leverage New Ways of Working systems such as Lean, Agile, and User-Centered Design to create value for our clients. You will lead a team to drive continuous improvement through service friction problem solving and optimizing our best practices, while we continue to build our Professional Selling Skills needs discovery mastery through advance skill training and CRM deployment. We are seeking a highly motivated coach, leader and strategic problem solver to join us and lead our efforts to provide our clients with their best chance for investment success.
In this role you will:
- Leverage deep leadership and client-facing wealth management experience to hire, evaluate, and provide guidance and support to Ultra High Net Worth Relationship Managers with the ability to do this in an office or virtual environment.
- Provide consistent coaching and guidance to your team of Relationship Managers to strengthen sales acumen, behaviors, and overall Professional Selling Skills powered by Miller Heiman.
- Analyze department and team performance data (assessments, call scores, performance data, coaching observations) to identify trends, problem solve, and create action plans that increase skill proficiency and outcomes tied to business goals.
- Resolve complex client issues related to products or processes. Influence changes among the team to improve end-to-end processes and meet client needs.
- Use technical knowledge of Vanguard funds, products, and services to proactively identify opportunities to develop book of business strategies designed to strengthen and expand the client relationship.
- Discover better ways of working through continuous improvement to reduce client and crew friction, and create value for our clients, and an engaging environment for our crew
- Drive client loyalty and support generational wealth retention by using data and analytics in offering a best in class client experience.
- Commit to founders mentality by being engaged, empowered, flexible, and mission driven through an owner's mindset which inspires clients to take action to improve their investment outcomes.
What it takes:
- Minimum of five years related work experience in relationship management and sales. Three years leadership experience in Financial Services and Relationship Management.
- Strong leadership experience in sales with demonstrated ability and passion for coaching at all levels.
- Serve as a role model to others in terms of sales skill mastery, sales coaching techniques, and creating a high performing sales culture.
- Thorough knowledge of Vanguard's funds and services preferred. Strong knowledge of the competitive environment preferred.
- Able to build relationships with employees at all levels with ease and comfort, and have the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and execute solutions both strategically and tactically.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree or CIMA, CFP, or ChFC designation preferred.
- This job requires a regulatory license and/or registration (e.g. FINRA, state, SFC). These will be determined by Compliance based on role-specific duties.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top