To provide leadership, oversight, and accountability to ensure that key processes are executed accurately and efficiently, while protecting the firm from financial loss and liability. To manage three teams that perform reconciliation functions for retirement plan clients and participants, and develop strategic relationships with key partners that are critical to the success of the functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels crew. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Oversees the operations of the department and ensures that all tasks assigned to the staff are completed in a controlled manner resulting in timely and accurate results.
- Manages relationships with internal clients and banking partners to improve efficiency and accuracy of service to clients.
- Develops and monitors controls within unit. Initiates and manages enhancements and new developments to processes within the area to ensure the highest level of service to clients. Prepares documentation and explanations of operational models for Internal Auditors, Department of Banking and the Department of Labor.
- Controls all decisions and issues affecting processes, including but not limited to: maintaining appropriate policies, operational procedures and SAS70 controls over key functions. Ensures that management oversight exists through report generation of daily, weekly and monthly activities and communicates status of activities in monthly VUE Point meetings.
- Ensures that all processes are performed in accordance with VFTC rules and regulations through ongoing maintenance to policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development of departmental budget. Estimates costs for headcount, staffing issues, current volume, forecasts for anticipated volumes, and related operational expenses to implement annual objectives/performance improvements and ensures department operates within established budgetary guidelines. Approves expenses within established limits.
- Maintains awareness of industry and technological advancements regarding assigned operations and reviews their applicability to Vanguard operations.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years general management experience, and applicable reconcililation management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of internal control theory and practice.
- Customer service orientation with excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills; team player with positive attitude.
- Highly developed organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, project management, and conceptual thinking skills needed.
- Proficient knowledge of basic business applications including: MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and ability to learn key treasury systems such as TLM, iTOC, and WMS.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top