Quantitative Research Associate, Transaction Cost Analysis Team
- Malvern, PA
Be The Reason for our Investors Success!
At Vanguard, our mission is to take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success. This starts with building the right portfolios for our clients. There are countless decisions in this process and almost all could negatively impact transaction costs if left uncovered. As part of our Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA) Team you'll individually contribute to mitigating these costs by conducting quantitative, data-driven research and building tools our trading desks use to identify costs related to market impact, opportunity cost, and other transaction costs. The TCA team is a collaborative team that works directly with Trading and Portfolio Management to provide decision support and decision automation to improve outcomes in the investment process . This is a high-energy, fast-paced environment using the latest technology. It could also lead to new career opportunities down the line. Do you have what it takes?
In this role you will:
- Provide analytical support to portfolio managers, traders, and risk managers on the transaction cost (e.g., market impact) of investment portfolios and strategies in fixed income, foreign exchange, equity and other asset classes.
- Participate in quantitative research projects under the guidance of senior researchers that support investment decision processes, utilizing quantitative skills, such as statistical analyses, data science, time series regressions, simulation, and data visualization techniques.
- Develop and prototype effective tools using technology including
Python, Tableau, and AWS and related technologies,
, and other statistical and analytical tools for TCA and trading strategy that provides value to the investment processes.
- Create reports and surveillance packages for daily usage on TCA employing proprietary analytics that serve as an important input for investment decision making.
- Assist in the development of the data infrastructure for investment management, including trading and TCA data. Looks for alternative and new sources of data and ensures the cleanliness and accuracy of data.
- Undertake a variety of ad hoc analytical projects as needed to support risk and investment management.
- Be able to use state-of-the-art technology, data science and machine learning, and other innovative means to help enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of quantitative research and investment processes in collaboration with technology teams and traders.
- Participate in special projects and performs other related activities as assigned.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative major such as finance, computer science/engineering, math or statistics. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education/training.
- Proficiency in computer programming, such as
Python, Matlab, Tableau R, SQL, VBA, and AWS-related technologies
- Strong technical and analytical skills a must.
- Working experience in and good understanding of capital markets and investment concepts preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with intellectual curiosity. Great team player with the ability to work independently.
Vanguard is offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top