Quantitative Research Analyst, Agency MBS/Investment Management Risk
The Quantitative Research Team is part of the Risk Management Group and is embedded in the Investment Management Group, working closely with portfolio managers and traders. In addition to providing concrete and hands-on solutions to investment management by employing quantitative and analytical methods, the team is increasing its effort to drive investment innovation by leveraging Big Data and Machine Learning.
We are looking for a self-motivated, output-oriented individual with strong technical skills who is driven by intellectual curiosity to understand the complexities of financial markets and has experience with the Agency MBS market. The individual will have opportunities to be part of high-level meetings with senior members of the investment teams and have a direct impact on the company's global strategy and success.
In this role, you will
- Work independently on projects and analyses under the guidance of senior analysts utilizing specialized quantitative skills to generate value-added insights and provide data-driven solutions to enhance investment outcomes for the Agency MBS desk.
- Drive and use machine learning techniques, such as deep learning, NLP, probabilistic inferences and others. Research new and innovative techniques and methods to solve machine learning problems in support of investment decision making for fixed income.
- Support deep analysis of investment strategies, create new quantitative measures, and contribute to new investment strategies. Work with and enhance existing models; develop and calibrate models; prepare data and develos data sources and processes; produce and communicate results.
- Develop business acumen to bring an informed perspective to investment management teams.
- Use communication and interpersonal skills to integrate with the portfolio management teams. Tailor communication of complex concepts to the audience.
- Participate in special projects and perfors other duties as assigned.
What it takes
- Graduate degree in a quantitative/analytical field such as Data Science, Machine Learning, Financial Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a Fixed Income desk quant or equivalent combination of education/training.
- Deep understanding and proven experience in building models using deep learning, machine learning and optimization methods to solve complex business problems.
- Knowledge of capital markets and investment concepts. Knowledge of Agency MBS preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in computer programming, such as Python, R, and Big Data related technologies.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrates a high degree of motivation.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top