Quantitative Investment Analyst
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies seeks an Investment Analyst for its Investment Strategy Group to research and develop the proprietary Vanguard’s Capital Markets Model (VCMM) and VCMM based applications / analytics, serve as resource for internal investment groups (e.g., Fixed Income, Asset Management and Trust Services) and participate in generating department-initiated topics that will be used by both internal and external clients/prospects. The position will be part of a global team responsible for establishing and maintaining a robust investment and modeling research effort at Vanguard.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches and develops quantitative models of expected return / risk (VCMM).
- Researches and develops or implements quantitative models that apply VCMM expected return / risk to areas such as asset allocation, life-cycle investing and wealth management.
- Analyzes complex investment research issues, focusing on financial markets and their implications for portfolio construction, asset allocation strategies, and investment advice.
- Performs quantitative analysis and offers opinions and recommendations.
- Analyzes investment research issues as assigned by utilizing both internal and external resources.
- Prepares written and statistical analyses as needed for clients, prospects, senior management and the media. Contributes written material for internal and external publications.
- Presents analysis and results internally and on occasion externally to Vanguard clients or constituents.
- Supports internal client requests on ad hoc research projects. Meets with senior management to determine requirements for research requests. Assists in the creation of investment-related presentations given by Vanguard senior management.
- Serves as investment resource for advice delivery groups, e.g. the Web and High Net Worth. Develops schedule and format of any ongoing research needs that may be requested by internal clients.
- Works in collaboration with functional teams in the US, UK, Australia and Hong Kong to support “one global voice” for Vanguard as it pertains to investment philosophy and approach. Contributes written material for internal and external publications. Participates in group discussions designed to identify and debate investment issues and potential research projects. Develops recommendations on new research topics or quantitative methodologies.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Master’s degree in Financial Engineering, Quantitative Finance, time-series econometrics, or empirical finance strongly preferred, although equivalent combination of bachelor’s degree and quantitative experience in those fields may be considered.
- Minimum three years overall business experience including at least two years direct investment experience.
- Excellent computer skills, strong programming knowledge of Matlab, EViews, or others statistical software packages.
- Solid knowledge of capital markets and key investment and econometric concepts.
- Strong foundation of investment knowledge including an understanding of capital markets, market indices and asset class return attribution (equity, fixed income and derivatives).
- Exceptionally strong technical and analytical skills, including modeling and statistical methods.
- Strong presentation and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments simultaneously.
Back to top