Quantitative Equity Analyst
Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks an Equity Analyst to support Senior Analysts with equity investment analysis and quantitative modeling for the Quantitative Equity Group / Active Equity Investment Group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works under the direction of Senior Quantitative Equity Analysts (SQEA) to acquire and analyze data for use in equity research projects.
- Understands and develops time-series and cross-section methods to evaluate financial data and investment models.
- Extracts and validates historical financial data with other private and public sources to ensure data accuracy and quality.
- Assist SQEAs in building quantitative equity models and enhancing existing models.
- Develops scripts using MarketQA, Matlab and SQL to support equity research initiatives.
- Analyzes ongoing research through backtesting investment strategies and portfolio simulations.
- Presents analysis and research results to SQEAs and senior research team.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.
- CFA designation (or progress towards) strongly preferred.
- Minimum three years general work experience and one year industry experience.
- A solid understanding of quantitative analysis with some statistical knowledge.
- Ability to understand financial statements and investment terminology.
- General programming experience, financial or mathematical programming is preferred.
- Attention to detail required.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top