Public Relations Representative
To serve as a press representative, performing various media relations activities to support Public Relations team and manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Researches and writes press releases, news bulletins, talking points, and other internal and external communication materials that are professional, effective, and accurate.
2. Assists with reporter inquiries and press engagements, gathering data and information from internal and external sources.
3. Assists Public Relations manager with managing internal clients, preparing Public Relations plans, coverage and activity reports, internal and external presentations, and other materials as needed.
4. Develops and maintains effective, collaborative relationships with Public Relations, communication and marketing colleagues, and internal clients. Partners with internal and external parties for key information and data sources.
5. Works with other communication groups, including marketing, corporate communications, social media, business communication teams, and investment management personnel to review and create content. Counsels on content development.
6. Researches members of news media, bloggers, and media outlets.
7. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required. Degree in English, journalism, marketing, public relations or communications preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years general business experience, with 2-5 years PR or related communications experience preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work under pressure and to be flexible and resourceful.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various departments and levels of management including senior executives.
- Ability to work effectively and independently on multiple projects with guidance from manager.
- Ability to write quickly and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to cover corporate events outside usual business hours.
- Ability to work special hours and be on call 24 by 7.
- Limited travel from time to time.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- You should be aware this will designate you as a Fund Access Person and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions. For more information see the following article.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top