To manage Strategic Sourcing engagements and some Sourcing Operations transactions through the creation, process management (incl. supplier follow-up), and analysis of RFx materials (including Requests for Information, Requests for Proposals, and Requests for Quotations), for medium-to-high complexity RFx engagements.
Duties and Responsibilities
Prepares RFx materials (including but not limited to Requests for Information, Requests for Proposals, and Requests for Quotations) based on assessment of business need, incorporating supplier industry norms, and industry best practices for medium- and high-complexity transactions.
Manages the process of competitive bidding, via the RFx, and supports sourcing with supplier analysis, by identifying suggested preferred suppliers, pricing models, and partnership opportunities based on industry knowledge and primary information from suppliers.
Makes recommends based on RFx outputs analysis from suppliers, using industry best practice approaches and balancing business and financial needs.
Oversees RFx process using an eSourcing tool, ensuring that suppliers have adequate instruction and technical support. Recommends process improvements to RFx Manager.
Coordinates multiple stakeholders for input and collaboration through RFx activities.
Maintains templates for sourcing-related activities (supplier notification, RFP template, scoring template, etc.), including periodic updates to incorporate industry best practices.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance, preferred or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five or more years of business experience, previous data administration experience preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Advanced business writing skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently, and to handle workload changes and tight deadlines. Project experienced preferred.
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of current versions of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Zycus preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top