Project Manager, Human Resources
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, is seeking an HR Project Manager to drive the effective and sustained implementation of the Human Resources (myHR) transformation program, standup, and ongoing maintenance of service delivery in the new operating model, and collaborate with key stakeholders to refine HR processes and practices.The HR Project Manager will also conceptualize and drive the development and implementation of robust process quality controls and operational risk management activities across the division.
Your primary duties and responsibilities:
1. Plans and manages Project Management Office (PMO) projects across Human Resources (HR) to ensure maintenance of appropriate business service levels, effective and sustained implementation of the new HR operating model, support of process quality controls and operational risk management, and realization of opportunities for improvement in HR processes, practices, governance mechanisms, and associated documentation subsequent to launch of the future state new HR. Anticipates and assesses business needs and objectives through planning and consultation. Defines and documents project scope and objectives, and communicates progress, issues, and solutions to management and business project clients and stakeholders to obtain their input as appropriate. Works closely with PMO, HR Technology and HR Reporting leads to develop and implement short and long-range goals for the department including stewarding process documentation broadly to address business needs.
2. Leads and directs project work and team members to effectively meet service objectives across skills while meeting project schedules and deliverables. Communicates with and utilizes tools to coach team members.
3. Develops and implements changes to departmental policies and procedures to meet changing business needs [i.e. changes to paid time off (PTO) or staff scheduling policies (flex-time, part-time)]. Works closely with supervisors to develop and implement staffing and operational plans, including contingency and disaster recovery planning. Participates in the development of short and long range goals for the department.
4. Leads the governance and stewardship of HR data for the organization. Collaborate with the HR Policy & Risk Management Lead and Specialist to ensure HR data is defined and has the appropriate classification and categorization. Supports the Project Management Office Lead to determine legal requirements for HR data and provide input to Crew Relations & Compliance (CR&C) Center of Excellence ( CoE) on global policies that address legal, risk, business and third party requirements.
5. Collaborates with the PMO Lead to lead operational risk management activities for the HR organization, globally. Executes against standards and expectations from a business continuity, compliance and regulatory requirements standpoint. Supports the Project Management Office Lead to assess, identify, report and monitor operational risks and to develop key risk indicators. Supports formal risk reviews and audits. Identify and implement appropriate risk management and mitigation strategies and communicate to stakeholders.
6. Provides leadership support, as needed, to the PMO Lead to deploy the PMO team. Proactively identifies and fulfills opportunities for learning and professional development in order to enhance services provided as part of this program.
7. Supports global HR process owners to maintain global governance of HR service delivery. Liaises with appropriate stakeholders, including regional HR leaders, to ensure appropriate documentation of process steps and revisions in line with regulatory requirements and leadership decisions. Ensures alignment of process changes with the broader operating model strategy and implementation plan. Works with global process owners and other stakeholders within HR to develop and implement process improvement activities.
8. Leads vendor audits and partners with the Vendor Management Lead and Specialists to manage governance related to vendors. Conducts formal risk reviews and audits in conjunction with partners in IT and the business (e.g., Business Access Management (BAM), InfoSec, Risk, Procurement, Internal Audit, etc.). Monitors data governance in Vanguard-vendor data transfers. Analyzes audit findings around vendor management and works with Vendor Management team to identify solutions. Reviews vendor adherence to regulatory and risk standards (e.g., ensuring appropriate reporting and timing of audits, etc.).
9. Continually develops project management, process quality, risk management and data governance acumen, maintaining awareness of the portfolio of HR services, policies, and procedures, using the Project Management Office as a platform to explore the breadth of HR and to develop professionally. Actively participates in coaching and development opportunities with the Project Management Office Lead (e.g., acumen-building sessions with CoEs, Crew Central partners, and business stakeholders).
10. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of business and/or HR experience
- Understanding of HR processes and policies
- Advanced knowledge of HR and data governance
- Proven teamwork capabilities, strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, including planning and organizational skills
- Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple initiatives
- Ability to effectively work independently and identify when to engage others
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
Back to top