To facilitate the development of strategies, direction and alternatives for the delivery of technology, products, services and workflows, and the associated success metrics for measuring results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, manages and executes IRPS technology and business projects in conjunction with business product owner, systems manager and business clients. Manages concurrent projects of varying scope and impact. Provides written and oral communication to many different organizations and audiences within Vanguard on the status of the projects. Prepares and conducts presentations to sponsors, IRPS leadership team and stakeholders.
- Oversees the work of other project members as needed.
- Works with business and IT clients to develop cost/benefit analysis and business case, recommend technology and business process solutions, and prioritize project scope. Works with identified stakeholders in prioritizing, planning and implementing business and system solutions. Designs and develops a measurement framework for assigned projects, including metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of project deliverables and progress in reaching associated business goals.
- Communicates progress, issues, and solutions to Sr. Management and business clients to obtain their input and/or buy-in as appropriate. Negotiates with business and IT partners, project sponsors, IRPS Leadership Team members and stakeholders to influence project priorities, set project directions and advance technology strategies.
- Partners with business product owner to manage business aspects of the project including legal and compliance issues, client service, operations interfaces with legacy systems, workflow and procedures, testing requirements, strategy governance, reporting, budget and benefits measurement.
- Represents IRPS / IBTS interests in corporate and/or cross-divisional initiatives. Coordinates activities and interacts extensively across departmental lines. Acts as a liaison between departments, attending staff meetings, working with key business resources and ensuring that all issues raised have been properly addressed. Integrates project results smoothly into workflows by ensuring new or specialized procedures and workflows are documented as appropriate.
- Assists in training and mentoring other members of the department.
- Champions Vanguard Unmatchable Excellence efforts with an emphasis on minimizing business risk. Validates trends and establishes ownership for corrective action. Maintains departmental BHAGs regarding training/Swiss army per the guidelines.
- Leads and or participates on special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of experience required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years general experience and/or five years of industry/technology related experience. Project management experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate information to various levels of management throughout the division.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (assertiveness and consensus building).
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to generate creative approaches and solutions.
- Ability to work quickly and independently with attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- IRPS system knowledge preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
No staff responsibilities.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top