To serve as a point of integration, coordination and communication for the work streams of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, monitors and maintains a master project plan for the business. Monitors the status and progress of work streams and identifies deliverables/tasks/components that are behind schedule or in danger of failing to meet a target date. Communicates all identified issues to the work stream owners, project leads and key stakeholders. As new work stream deliverables/tasks/components are identified, works with the work stream owners and project lead to incorporate these new assignments into the department plan.
- Manages the project reporting process. Develops and distributes standardized reporting templates designed to ensure appropriate project process deliverables are met. Assists the work stream owners by educating them about reporting requirements and expectations. Collects and synthesizes project reporting for work streams, identifying issues that require attention (e.g. issues that cross multiple work streams, potential impact to other projects, dependencies, etc.).
- Integrates work stream reporting into consolidated project read-outs. Identifies collision points between and among the work streams.
- Assists in coordination of communication planning, by consulting with communication lead, work stream owners and project leads, to ensure effective change management across the effort.
- Assesses staffing, travel and project drivers relative to plan, creates awareness within the business as needed, and makes recommendations for any necessary actions.
- Prepares, in partnership with the business, monthly budget packets. Analyzes actuals compared to forecasts and make recommendations for change that will put the business in a position for success. Communicates results to senior management. Ensures an open channel of communication with business partners and Corporate Financial Services to create a complete staffing need package.
- Provides thought leadership expertise and makes recommendations to enhance the supporting functions of the BMO. Analyzes the capabilities of current processes/workflows, identifies areas of improvement and develops a plan for improving the process, utilizing process improvement and change management tools and methodologies. Consolidates lessons learned into project best practices.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience, including at least five years of financial business and project management.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Project and Excel.
- Excellent judgement and interpersonal communication, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Strong project management skills, client relationship and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate others and foster teamwork.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical and non-technical information to various levels throughout the division.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently, with attention to details and sensitivity to deadlines.
You should be aware this will designate you as a
Fund Access Person
and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions. For more information see the following article.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top