Project Lead - Financial Transformation focus
Vanguard has an exciting Project Lead opportunity within our Fund Financial Services team in Malvern, PA. This project lead will support the FFS 2020 project and will manage one of the Investment Operations technology focused work streams. This is a technology savvy business functional PM role requiring an understanding in the investment/trade management space.
The Strategy and Finance division is home to Vanguard's experts in Corporate Financial Services, Fund Financial Services, Internal Audit and Corporate Strategy. Our crew are high caliber professionals who provide financial and decision support leadership to all businesses at Vanguard across the globe. Integrity is key - as stewards of fund assets and Vanguard's assets, we must protect data, mitigate risk, stay competitive, and proactively establish business initiatives, all while returning value to clients. Strategy and Finance is a talent destination for exceptional financial minds looking to be part of a best-in-class organization that is one of Vanguard's most trusted voices.
Duties and Responsibilities
Develops project plans to address both tactical and strategic objectives. Partners with appropriate business unit managers in identifying opportunities to improve processes and leverage technology where appropriate in response to business objectives.
2. Supports the development of the program business plan and budget. Maintains fiscal responsibility by managing expenses and operating within budgetary guidelines. Ensures full utilization of available resources.
3. Manages prioritization and implementation of projects. Ensures adequate resourcing of projects. Works with relevant stakeholders to validate project requirements and schedules. Assumes ownership of projects from initiation through delivery.
4. Ensures effective communication of project status and issues regularly to key stakeholders. Clearly communicates recommendations and/or requests for information to a wide range of audiences throughout Vanguard.
5. Promotes relationship management and pro-actively fosters effective communication. Anticipates business needs and ensures client satisfaction related to the services being provided. Manages relationships with internal departments and external business partners in the development of new products, business services and technology initiatives.
6. Ensures coverage of operational and technological issues in discussions of new products and services. Controls aspects of projects involving legal and compliance issues, workflow and procedures, testing requirements, reporting, budget and benefits measurement.
7. Champions Vanguard Unmatchable Excellence efforts with an emphasis on minimizing business risk. Validates trends and establishes ownership for corrective action.
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience, including successfully managing large projects from inception to completion.
- Established ability to manage and improve business processes.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate to consensus.
- Proven project-management skills and experience.
- Ability to generate creative approaches and solutions.
- Strong communication skills.
- PC proficiency.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top