Production Support Systems Manager
As a member of the Global Investment and Financial Systems division (GIFS), you will provide the highest value technology solutions/support to our Investments & Finance clients. As a leader in the Run Organization for Investments you will be part of a global team that will implement a strategy for achieving best-in-class production results on a global scale. You will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with your peers and the business to help shape the direction of the organization and how we support Investment Systems at Vanguard into the 21st century.
This person will have knowledge supporting general investment acumen, investment platforms and deep experience with the ITIL framework, especially in the area of change, incident, problem and knowledge management. This is great opportunity to work with our equity, fixed income, fund accounting and investment operations clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages staff. Provides guidance, training, and motivation, as necessary to develop staff. Hires, terminates, evaluates and counsel personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback and recommends wage increases/adjustments in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
2. Develops strong working relationships with internal client management. Meets with client management to negotiate head count, project budget, and major deliverables. Assists clients with writing client deliverables, such as a Project Charter or Service Delivery Agreement, and coordinates activities of other team members helping clients write client deliverables.
3. Plans, develops and executes short and long range goals/strategies to meet department and corporate objectives. Also recommends solutions within established timeframes and budgetary controls.
4. Anticipates current and future needs of the organization and makes recommendations regarding project scope, schedule and budget. Evaluates alternatives for modifications to systems and recommend and/or make decisions on solutions that meet long-term business objectives and current organizational requirements.
5. Recommends the most appropriate system solutions in accordance with the clients long term goals and systems architectural guidelines and policies.
6. Develops and implements operational plans to achieve departmental objectives.
7. Manages the evaluation and selection of IT vendor products and services, including contracting and consulting resources.
8. Designs, develops and maintains departmental budget. Manages expenses and ensures department operates within budgetary guidelines.
9. Ensures staff complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality, productivity, service levels and architecture standards that enable the team to meet established project milestones. Ensures staff complies with all IT Security and Human Resources policies and procedures.
10. Manages special projects and performs other duties as assigned. Coordinates activities and interacts extensively across department lines.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience preferred
- Ten years' software development experience including five to six years' as a Project Manager/ Manager.
- Must be familiar with the ITIL processes, as well as troubleshooting technology systems
- Knowledge of Charles River Development and Aladdin platform is desired
- Experience providing production operations support for global systems is preferred
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including interviewing and presentation skills
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
2 positions are available
Back to top