Production Support Analyst - III
To provide senior level production support of applications, databases and/or systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides senior level production support of applications, databases and/or systems. Monitors production systems for alerts, outages and system issues. Seeks continuous improvements for applications, processes, support methods and team effectiveness.
- Provides infrastructure configuration services on multiple platforms in the test environment. Works on the most complex systems with large numbers of interfaces and users the majority of the time. Monitors production applications for alerts and system issues.
- Executes technical procedures to resolve production issues. Evaluates systems and processes in an effort to resolves technical problems. Researches issues and performs root cause analysis to minimize risk. Implements effective solutions for break/fix issues and appropriate development initiatives. Communicates systems issues at the appropriate technical level for each audience.
- Thoroughly understands client business functions and technology needs. Understands Vanguard’s tools, technologies, and applications, databases and/or systems, including those that interface with business area and systems. Establishes and grows relationships with the business, technical and management teams. Operates as a trusted collaborative partner with all teams associated with the project. Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of client needs, concerns and challenges.
- Leads and/or participates on large, matrixed project teams. Interfaces with cross functional team members.
- Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Resolves issues elevated from staff with less experience. Writes/updates production support documentation, including policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience. MIS or Computer Science degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years related experience.
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of architecture standards.
- Advanced knowledge of development practices and concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of assigned operating systems (Linux, Windows, Solaris etc).
- Advanced knowledge of assigned IT platforms (Web, Cloud, VM etc).
- Demonstrated knowledge of system monitoring, system management and automation tools. Examples include Tivoli, TeamQuest, PerfMon, HP UFT, Aternity, Tea Leaf, BMC Capacity Optimization Tool. Experience with Splunk, COGNOS Report Studio, and Tableau preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good project and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
On-call and remote support required periodically.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top