Product Marketing Manager
Vanguard is seeking a dynamic relationship manager with strong conceptual thinking skills to create marketing campaigns around current products in Financial Advisor Services. The successful candidate will focus on our investment product and investment strategy marketing efforts for the FAS business line, including ownership of go-to-market strategies for new mutual funds and ETFs; development of integrated marketing campaigns for our model portfolio solutions. S/he will also play a critical role in introducing investment strategy research across multiple communication channels to the advisory marketplace.
As Product Marketing Manager, you'll benefit from career development opportunities, a policy of promoting from within, and workplace flexibility. In addition to gaining a stimulating and prominent role, you'll be part of a company where doing the right thing isn't just a tagline, it's our passion.
- Creates marketing plans by translating Vanguard's Financial Advisor Services[
(FAS) business objectives into defined marketing objectives, strategies and tactics and develops clear requirements to ensure that project teams receive accurate direction. Identifies and analyzes varied sources of data and information to inform planning decisions. Partners with Project Lead to deliver large and complex marketing initiatives that are aligned to major corporate initiatives.
- Understands and communicates the risks and impacts of proposed marketing strategies and how they impact our clients, our crew and our company. Applies productive questioning skills to understand business goals and assesses information to uncover ways to deliver effective and efficient solutions to major business challenges. Anticipates problems and takes action to keep projects on track.
- Leads in problem solving, critical thinking, communication, and marketing strategy.
- Ensures that business partners and marketing teammates understand all aspects of marketing plans. Updates business partners and senior management throughout the planning and development life cycle of major initiatives and partners with project managers to communicate updates within marketing. Provides program results to stakeholders in a meaningful way.
- Serves as an advocate for our business partners, sales organization, and for FAS Marketing and balances the relationship between both parties. Ensures that the right solution is developed for our partners and manages the prioritization of projects and resources to achieve desired results. Manages external relationships and maintains relationships with marketing peers in other divisions to facilitate knowledge sharing and to serve as a marketing leader and expert for the company.
- Understands how to approach problems from different angles and presents alternate solutions when challenged with obstacles. Works effectively with different teams or different approaches to achieve desired results.
- Leads change within both marketing and across the corporation. Builds consensus for our business partners' objectives and our marketing plans.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of our business, clients and competitors and effectively applies this knowledge to enhance planning effectiveness. Maintains strong relationships with partners in Client Insight (CI), and expert knowledge of available resources. Is looked to as an expert in both Marketing and product investing.
- Is a leader for FAS Marketing, and represents the FAS Marketing department to our business partners and corporate leaders. Takes the initiative to maintain an active and visible presence within our intermediary sales organization, Portfolio Review Department, and Investment Strategy Group and develops strong relationships with senior management.
- Participates in other projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required. Graduate degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years marketing experience. Financial services experience a plus.
- Marketing or business strategy experience preferred.
- Strong critical and strategic thinking skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work across multiple functions.
- Ability to present effectively to senior leadership.
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top