Vanguard's processing associates are a core driver of our mission – their quality work supports client's investment needs and builds confidence in Vanguard's products and services. In this role, you'll join a network of thousands - to learn from, collaborate with, and share victories. You'll benefit from leaders who provide career coaching, and professional mentoring, as well as an array of courses from award winning Vanguard University®. Ultimately, your experience as a Processing Associate can lead to a Vanguard career in advice, sales, relationship management, leadership and much more.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Interprets and processes a broad variety of routine retail client requests. Partners with tenured associates to handle more complex requests. Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of departmental policies and procedures and a working knowledge of internal systems.
- Maintains balance between quality and productivity to meet department standards.
- Demonstrates logical, systematic approach to problem solving, focusing on client expectations and improving effectiveness and efficiency of operations. Leverages resources and experience to independently meet challenges and provide viable alternative solutions.
- Communicates both verbally and in written format with clients to clarify incomplete or invalid paperwork. Displays strong client relationship management skills and complies with all FINRA, SEC, and Vanguard internal policies regarding client contact.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of investment industry and Vanguard policies and procedures. Adheres to compliance and risk management policies to maintain complete client confidentiality and minimize risk and exposure.
- Identifies workflow-related issues, trends, and recommends process improvements.
- Maintains effective work relationships by handling peer and management interactions in a positive and cooperative manner. Keeps supervisor informed of issues impacting the team.
- Builds productive relationships across the organization with a focus on creating client-driven solutions, continually looking to meet or exceed client expectations. Seeks constructive feedback from internal clients.
- Adheres to and possesses a strong understanding of Vanguard policies, Code of Ethics, departmental and processing procedures, and legal requirements.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Minimum one year general experience.
- Demonstrated client relationship management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem resolution and time management skills.
- Outstanding positive attitude with ability and willingness to effectively work within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high volume situation with time constraints and to adapt within a fluid work environment.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a rapidly changing environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and PCs.
Bring your future to Vanguard
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top