Portfolio Construction Researcher, Enterprise Advice
- Malvern, PA
Please note we have posted this role in various sites. You would stay in your respective site if selected for the role.
Portfolio Construction Researcher - Financial Advice Engineer
At Vanguard, we always look after the best interests of investors, and we're changing how the world invests. As a Portfolio Construction Researcher in our Enterprise Advice Methodology Team, you'll use your real passion for research to deepen the quality of insights that will directly impact the financial future of our investors. You'll be a trusted authority and lead development on cutting-edge investment strategies that will impact lifecycle savings and retirement security for millions of people. In this high-profile role, you'll use your analytical skills, as well as your essential communication skills, to build advice methodology and technology that makes a difference. Together we're a powerful force for change and progress.
We serve a large number of individual investors, in the U.S. and abroad, whose investment objectives include building wealth to secure their retirement, saving for their child's education, buying a home, and other goals across the lifecycle. Do you have a strong interest in areas such as asset allocation optimization, lifecycle modeling, tax-efficient investing, optimal portfolio choice, and post-retirement decision-making? Join our Enterprise Advice Methodology team and work alongside financial planning experts, data scientists and engineers to create world leading financial advice.
In this role, you will:
- Engage in high-impact proprietary research assignments, independently and in collaboration to create world class financial advice technology
- Use your advanced research skills to seize new opportunities and identify critical insights for our portfolio construction and asset allocation methodology
- Be a voice for a company that stands up for its investors, ready to share your expertise with our business partners, clients, the media, industry groups, and policymakers
- Keep up to speed with and foresee industry trends, market activity, and regulatory change, and ensure our investment strategies address them
- Partner across our development teams and advice business lines to implement the methodology created by you and the Methodology team
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA and/or CFA, or progressing toward either. PhD preferred.
- Minimum five years overall business experience including at least three years direct investment experience. Solid knowledge of capital markets and investment concepts.
- Exceptionally strong technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to write effectively.
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills, including broad knowledge of all MS Office software, financial modeling and usage of Python, Matlab, or other coding language
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top