Performance Test Engineer II
The Chief Technology Office (CTO) is committed to identifying, planning and designing strategic technology solutions to support Vanguard clients, crew and partners.
The Testing Center of Excellence is looking for a Performance Test Engineer to automate, run, execute, and analyze performance tests. This person will have the opportunity to evaluate new tools and work with emerging cloud technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides significant collaboration with developers to provide support for performance engineering design sessions, unit level performance testing, and to educate them on best practices and techniques for improving application performance. Provides expert level skills working closely with team to identify and document performance test requirements, develops and reviews performance test strategies, plans and load profiles to ensure that tests will sufficiently exercise critical components of the system.
2. Provides comprehensive performance test consultation to business clients, development teams, and Tech Ops to resolve routine performance problems in pre-production and production environments; performs quantitative analysis and makes recommendations on optimal configuration settings to enhance application performance and efficiency.
3. Creates, updates, and maintains existing product level automated performance test scripts. Schedules, executes, and monitors performance tests.
4. Executes senior level Network, throughput, and Latency performance testing, and uses quantitative engineering methods to analyze, measure, and correlate application performance.
5. Manages planning and setup of test regions and environments, including configuration control.
6. Provides senior level analysis of the performance test results; Utilizes platform specific tools to measure performance in both real time and post-test analysis modes. Effectively collaborates across teams to support mocked/stubbed test components and data; writes intelligent queries to monitor, validate, and control test results and data.
7. Identifies and reports all testing related issues and risks, and ensures that the defect tracking process results in performance and efficiency improvements. Creates reports that estimate system impacts and provide correlation between results and application performance. Provides senior input to systems operations capacity planners to assist in their analysis of the demands of the new system.
8. Applies criteria to determine if each component (stored procedures, servlets, JSP, transaction programs, batch programs, etc.) meets standards for performance and efficiency. Concerned with the impact, scalability, throughput and response time considerations related to systems being installed in the production environment.
9. At a senior level trains and mentors other team members in performance testing best practices and automation techniques. Participation in quality inspections.
10. Develops and maintains the tool(s) and technique(s) used to automate tests (e. g - HPE Performance Center, Cucumber, Selenium, QTP/UFT (Quick Test Professional/LeanFT).
11. Keeps abreast of technical changes and advancements in the testing field. Researches, shares, recommends and implements new testing practices and procedures that are consistent with industry standards and practices. Works to adapt and document the performance testing processes in our Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment environment. Receives general direction from the Performance testing Project and Service Manager. Some management responsibilities, is highly accountable for the effectiveness, quality and timeliness of Performance testing application software.
12. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- BS (Bachelor of Science) in Computer Science or related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 3-6 years of relevant experience automating performance tests and/or developing business features/capabilities using LoadRunner tools.
- 3-6 years knowledge of web application infrastructure (e.g., application servers, messaging, databases), the client area's business functions and systems, QA test methodologies required to satisfy integration, and performance testing, and software testing tools.
- Experience with AWS and Java required; Selenium experience is desired
- Senior level knowledge of multiple IT platforms: Netcentric, UNIX/Linux, Mobile, IBM Mainframe, OS 390, Microsoft Windows, Client Server.
- Senior level knowledge of performance monitoring and analysis tools. (HP Performance Center, VUGen, etc...) and performance engineering techniques and best practices.
- Strong knowledge with Junit, Jasmine, Easy Mock, HTTPWatch, JMeter, JProfiler, AppDynamics, BlazeMeter, Jenkins, Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Strong JAVA Developer background desired.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top