Performance Analytics Lead
To oversee the development of investment performance analytics, risk statistics, and performance attribution analytics for Institutional Investor Services. To enhance the reputation of Vanguard as a thought leader through thoughtful and innovative performance and risk analysis related research.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as deep subject matter expert and primary thought leader for investment performance reporting. Works with investment professionals team, senior leadership, and third party vendor to develop and introduce sophisticated and innovative investment performance analytics to satisfy the reporting needs of Vanguard clients.
- Stays abreast of industry developments related to performance analytics and fosters innovation by leading efforts to continually improve reporting capabilities to meet the evolving needs of sophisticated clients.
- Partners with third party vendor to build and maintain the technology and data infrastructure to meet the team's analysis and performance reporting needs.
- Researches and resolves issues surrounding client performance data including historical investment performance, benchmarks, and supplemental attribution and risk analytics.
- Provides senior leadership team with detailed analyses to glean insights on the evolving drivers of risk and return.
- Develops and maintains external relationship with performance reporting vendor by regularly interacting with vendor to ensure optimal platform performance and troubleshoot technical issues. Occasional external client interaction may be required.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in an analytically oriented major, such as statistics, mathematics, economics or an applied social science. Graduate level preferred. Academic training in relevant subject matter and applied statistics preferred.
- Minimum five years of investment experience.
- CFA and/or CIPM highly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and investment acumen. Understanding of alternative investments, portfolio accounting, and defined benefit plans.
- Solid understanding of investment concepts related to investment performance, attribution, and risk statistics.
- Ability to work well with others and achieve impactful results in dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Ability to effectively communicate complex, technical topics.
- Solid understanding of the institutional investment management industry and competitive landscape.
You should be aware this will designate you as a Fund Access Person and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions. For more information see the following article.
This is considered a covered department under Vanguard's Political Contribution and Fundraising Activity Policy and may be subject to greater restrictions than those set out in the policy. Prior to moving into this position you will be required to disclose all political contributions made within the last two years.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top