To administer US multi-state traveling crew payroll process, biweekly Workday retroactive time entry transactions audit, and assist in processing inbound and outbound expatriate assignments regarding payroll.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Completes the biweekly US multi-state traveling crew process including data collection, analysis and preparation and posting of wage allocations by state for affected crew. Audits biweekly and annual results affecting pay and W2 processing. Has complete understanding of corporate policies regarding traveling crew and is proficient with third party software used to administer the programs. Keeps current with changes in regulations governing non-resident state withholding rules. Provides input to policy updates and make recommendations for process improvement’s. Performs reconciliations in accordance with communicated deadlines. Researches, resolves and documents reconciling items. Prepares action plans for problem resolution.
2. Audits, analyzes, identifies, and recommends adjustments for inconsistencies between the calculated US WD payroll results. Performs this analysis using a combination of WD reports and an independent Excel model, on a biweekly basis. The analysis will be performed for all pay results, with a primary focus on retroactive time entry processing. Identifies, and recommends improvement to audit procedures for enhancing these reconciliations.
3. Assists the Payroll Administrators in processing all payroll related aspects of the expatriate process, including calculating posting and reconciling payments and differentials for crew working in nonUS countries. Utilizes Excel spreadsheets to accommodate the Expatriate payments to provide an efficient method for reconciling payments such as, COLA, Housing Allowance, Equalization payments, etc. Reconciles all information provided by vendor. Provides assistance for the Shadow payment process for all nonUS crew on assignment in the US. Recommends actions for improvement to processes.
4. Prepares all Philadelphia Wage Tax Refund Petitions annually, using system generated reports and crew member data, for review by department management. Upon management approval, prepares final documentation and back-up to be provided to crew member for their personal tax filing.
5. Recognizes opportunities and recommends process improvements to gain efficiencies and ensure quality. Identifies trends and reports findings to management incorporating Vanguard’s Unmatchable Excellence (VUE) methodologies.
6. Documents all projects and assignments and provides accurate and timely updates to management team. Maintains accurate and detailed records on a variety of databases and spreadsheets. Follows up on assigned areas of project and adheres to timeline.
7. Maintains written procedures documenting all compliance and project processes. Recommends update of policy and procedures to management. Provides data needed for objective measures of department performance on important compliance issues. Report required data for the departmental dashboard for distribution to Payroll Management.
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (Accounting/Finance preferred) or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of two years directly related finance or payroll experience. Previous payroll administration experience is preferred.
- A basic knowledge of FLSA laws and related state regulations and guidelines.
- A broad knowledge of PCs with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications such as WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS and Lotus Notes.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical ability, research and time management skills.
- Strong organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Maintain composure in a fast paced environment.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top