To support the Total Rewards CoE and Global Payroll Services in the administration of payroll policies and programs. To partner with the Crew Central Support Center, Total Rewards CoE, and Finance to understand and address complex crew payroll-related inquiries.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
Data compilation and compliance
- Manages and administers the compilation of all relevant pay data provided through various sources and using best practices while executing key controls for accurate loading of data to the payroll system. Ensures compliance with applicable Federal, State, and Local payroll compliance regulations.
- Interprets pay data results for accuracy, identifying, troubleshooting, and maintaining data to produce complete, accurate pay results, or providing recommendations for correction. Reconciles with external partners and authorizes data stewards to make appropriate updates.
Consultation and collaboration
- Maintains and shares comprehensive knowledge of the payroll system, system functionality, and calculation regulations in order to ensure appropriate application to crew payments. Provides consultative, ongoing support, guidance, and direction to management, and peers guiding toward self-provisioning as appropriate.
- Provides consultative support to support staff, offering advice on handling complex transactions related to payroll. Develops and facilitates training sessions, as needed.
- Collaborates internally with Global Payroll, Accounts Payable, Legal and Compliance and externally with Vanguard's third part collection agency and various tax jurisdiction
- offices, to ensure that crew payments are appropriately assigned.
- Maintains accountability and ownership for researching, analyzing and resolving complex payroll issues. Inquiries or discrepancies. Provides advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution in identifying issues/ trends in reports or source systems.
- Liaises with members of Global Payroll, Legal & Compliance and external business partners and consultants to research problems thoroughly and identify root cause.
- Recommends enhancements to work-flows that will improve operational efficiency, while ensuring compliance with Federal, State and Local payroll and compliance regulations.
- Integrates new or existing technologies into work-flows, analyzes impact, prepares environment for change, communicates changes to all team members, and updates or creates new procedures or work-flows.
- Performs testing for new requirements or enhancements of payroll systems; monitors and ensures data quality by using existing business knowledge to create test cases and reports that ensure data accuracy and completeness.
- An undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum two years general business experience. Prior payroll and/or benefits-related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of all applicable government rules and regulations, i.e., FLSA preferred.
- Knowledge of payroll policies and programs
- Basic knowledge of payroll program compliance and reporting requirements.
- Sensitivity in working with confidential information
- Proven teamwork capabilities.
- Excellent project management skills, including planning and organizational skills.
- Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple initiatives.
- Ability to effectively work independently and identify when to engage others.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top