Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, is seeking a Payroll Administrator to support the company’s administration of payroll policies and programs and resolution of complex payroll-related inquiries.
Your primary duties and responsibilities:
- Research, analyze and resolve any payroll-related issues, inquiries or discrepancies escalated by the Contact Center. Ensure gathering of sufficient context to accurately diagnose and address issues. Triage and escalate selected client inquiries involving policy exceptions to the Total Rewards Center of Expertise or Global Payroll Services as appropriate and assist with resolution as necessary.
- Support the Tier I Specialists as needed with advice on handling complex transactions related to payroll. Achieve mutual understanding of day-to-day work and related functional concepts, and foster professional development of Transaction Center Specialists through effective knowledge transfer during consultations.
- Follow all Tier II policies and procedures to ensure effective client support that enhances the overall Crew Central client experience. Maintain sense of positivity in all client interactions. Ensure positive and consistent client experience by striving for excellence in understanding specific client situations, streamlining service interactions, highlighting related services, and identifying next steps.
- Prepare and deliver “Road Shows” to Management teams throughout the organization of payroll best practices.
- Recommend changes to payroll practices based on crew feedback and/or problem trends. Recommend changes in processes to increase efficiency, automate operation and/or to remain compliant with Federal, State and Local payroll compliance regulations.
- Administer Tier II Payroll activities and processes, including but not limited to:
Update and/or correct tax withholding setups, benefits, garnishments, deductions and other data required for payroll processing.
Process data received from external sources in preparation for pay week, including Managing Director travel reports, executive retiree partnership, expatriate payments and allowances, expatriate shadow pays and hypo deductions, Concur Expense, Political Action Committee (PAC) contributions, and deceased crew member partnership payments.
Handle exceptions and errors during the regular payroll cycle and collaborate with HR and Finance stakeholders for resolution.
Approve off-cycle payment requests (e.g., on demand checks) from the Support Center and forward to Finance for preparation.
Investigate unclaimed checks and/or payments as received from Finance. Coordinate with the crew member for updates and corrections in crew data and confirm with Finance as appropriate.
Process payments for exiting crew members.
Perform Audits of Transaction Center Specialists to ensure proper pay calculation and coordination of pay adjustments.
- Liaise with selected payroll vendors in conjunction with the Total Rewards Center of Expertise and Finance.
- Continually develop HR and Payroll acumen, maintaining awareness of the portfolio of payroll policies and programs. Partner with HR Technology Specialists to develop proficiency with HR technology platforms (e.g., Workday and Salesforce). Actively participate in coaching sessions with the Total Rewards Specialists Team Lead and in opportunities for team-wide professional development (e.g., Total Rewards acumen-building sessions with Centers of Expertise and Crew Central partners).
- Assist in maintaining the Total Rewards durable content database in consultation with the Total Rewards Center of Expertise and Finance.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- An undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum two years general business experience. Prior payroll and/or benefits-related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of all applicable government rules and regulations, i.e., FLSA preferred.
- Knowledge of payroll policies and programs
- Basic knowledge of payroll program compliance and reporting requirements.
- Sensitivity in working with confidential information
- Proven teamwork capabilities.
- Excellent project management skills, including planning and organizational skills.
- Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple initiatives.
- Ability to effectively work independently and identify when to engage others.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top