Participant Services Team Leader
To lead a team of Participant Services Client Relationship Associates in Executive Services and Retirement Plan Services (RPS) who handle incoming calls from institutional participants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises staff. Hires, terminates, evaluates, and counsels personnel. Provides guidance and motivation as necessary to develop and retain staff. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Coaches and develops team to meet/exceed operational goals and competencies. Ensures premier service by evaluating crew's skill levels through various techniques including, but not limited to, first-hand call monitoring and by coaching team members to function more effectively and independently.
- Monitors and ensures staff availability to respond to inquiries from participants. Utilizes telephone system to ensure adequate coverage. Handles elevated calls and resolves complex issues. Monitors, audits, and controls productivity and quality results for individual associates and the unit as a whole. Achieves and maintains quality levels in accordance with expected results. Develops and implements programs to ensure compliance
- Develops and maintains a proficient level of knowledge of the investment and retirement business (Vanguard's products and services, financial markets, the broader mutual fund business and competitive landscape, ERISA requirements, etc.) necessary to assist and/or coach team members.
- Demonstrates initiative to ensure a continuous focus on improving departmental and corporate processes, procedures, workflows, and work environment (i.e. engagement) by participating and contributing to Participant Services Initiatives. Effectively leads crew through changes
- Fosters team work and collaboration with peers and the broader leadership team. Builds and maintains effective relationships with key business partners.
- Raises the standard in alignment with business goals. Demonstrates strong operational awareness leveraging key metrics. Consistently applies Vanguard corporate policies.
- Demonstrates inspirational leadership with associates by creating a deep commitment to our operation and the participants we serve.
- Implements and reviews controls commensurate with the degree of decision-making granted to associates.
- Actively participates in the design and implementation of job enrichment and/or team management. Provides assistance, support, and back-up to those involved in other areas of operation.
- Prepares professional departmental objectives; actively pursues opportunities for self improvement in conjunction with these objectives. Monitors progress with Manager. Attends all training sessions and departmental meetings as required.
- Supports Swiss Army efforts when needed.
- As a Registered Representative, adheres to and abides by the rules and regulations governed by the FINRA in order to meet compliance requirements.
- Assists with the roll-up and ongoing enhancements in IIG. Develops, initiates, and completes projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of three years related business experience.
- FINRA Series 6 and 63 licenses required within 60 days of hire.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in team work, leadership, and developing others.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with PC-based software. Microsoft Word, Excel ,and PowerPoint preferred.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or lead a team on multiple projects
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top