Palo Alto Firewall Engineer - Intermediate
Build IT that develops financial futures
At Vanguard, technology is integral to helping our clients reach their personal goals. We depend on IT 24/7 to run our investors' assets. That puts your expertise in telecommunications at the heart of our business. As a Network Engineer aligned to Palo Alto firewall products, we'll rely on you to keep our networks running smoothly and, in return, you can rely on us to help you develop your career. The central role of technology in Vanguard's business not only provides extraordinary learning opportunities for you, it sets new standards for the wider IT industry. Make it count.
In this role, you will
- Use your networking expertise to provide intermediate level infrastructure services, including installing, configuring, and integrating Palo Alto firewall and other enterprise data center technologies. You will participate in functional testing and provide recommendations based on the results.
- Develop your skills by supporting everything from new large-scale installations to upgrades, maintenance and fixes
- Keep the most vital functions of our business up and running by carrying out troubleshooting for more complex hardware and software issues
- Identify performance issues and interpret trends, like network traffic, to ensure continuous communications improvement
- Improve performance through high-performing networks
- You're passionate about the potential to transform the business through networking technology but, more than that, you understand how to use it to deliver real benefits to our clients. You're committed to getting the most from our resources and ensuring they operate at peak performance. The same goes for your own career: you're keen to build on your analytical and problem-solving skills, improve your technical knowhow and develop to your full potential. Together we'll own the way in a fast-growing industry.
- Identify opportunities to automate manual system tasks.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years infrastructure engineering experience.
- Working understanding of advanced aspects of data center technologies including Palo Alto firewalls, VMware tool suite (ESXi, vCenter, vROPS, vRNI, vRB, etc.), enterprise storage, and networking with expertise in at least one of the following technologies: VMWare, SAN, NAS, Block Storage, Data Replication Strategy, Routing and Switching, Application Load Balancing, Data Back-up Technologies
- Working understanding of code and scripting (Python, PowerShell, Rest API)
- Intermediate knowledge of: Network, storage and VMWare architecture design, technical standards and deliverables, troubleshooting tools (e.g., log analysis), software and hardware installation and configuration, protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, routing protocols, storage replication, etc.).
- Intermediate knowledge of at least two of the following IT platforms: Client/server, Microsoft Windows, Routers and switches, Linux, VMWare, Firewalls, Data Back-up
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top