Organizational Design Consultant
To diagnose and optimize current state organizational effectiveness in alignment with future direction. To identify and analyze future state organizational options, facilitate alignment of key stakeholders, and ensure holistic global operating model design for department. To establish future state job descriptions and promote long-term sustainability through performance metrics and governance mechanisms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops understanding of current business operational environment in aligned functions and related challenges in area of organizational effectiveness and global operating model including external business or regulatory pressures. Optimizes current state organization as needed in alignment with future state direction, working with key stakeholders to facilitate decision making.
- Provides operating model design consultation to business and program leadership and facilitates stakeholder alignment on future state organizational structure, global operating models, and related enabling mechanisms to optimize organizational effectiveness.
- Articulates future state organizational options, including organizational structure, roles and responsibilities, spans of control, and interdependencies. Identifies pros and cons and downstream implications of each option for broader organizational effectiveness.
- Collaborates with Organizational Design colleagues and business and program leadership to address key design interdependencies and to develop holistic global operating model for department. Highlights operating model implications for future state recruiting, talent development, and career paths. Ensures model consistency with broader enterprise globalization approaches.
- Establishes future state job descriptions in alignment with organizational model including responsibilities, competencies, and qualifications. Partners with HR and business and program leadership to draft, evaluate, refine, and implement job descriptions in system.
- Facilitates business and program leadership alignment on key performance metrics and governance mechanisms in alignment with stated organizational effectiveness goals. Defines links between job descriptions, incentives, metrics, and governance mechanisms.
- Supports business and program leadership with detailed operating model and role design or related adjustments during or immediately following business implementation as needed. Serves as thought partner for business leadership on ways to optimize organizational effectiveness.
- Partners closely with the Change Management team to identify stakeholder impacts and to reinforce standard approaches and best practices with business and program leadership. Ensures robust dialogue on Change Management observations and activities.
- Partners closely with the Crew Transitions team to identify crew-specific considerations and reinforce standard crew role transition approaches with business and program leadership. Ensures robust dialogue on Crew Transitions observations and activities.
- Remains current on organizational and global operating model design tools, techniques, strategies, and practices based on industry, field, and enterprise best practices.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years general work experience.
- Management consulting experience in Organizational Design or related discipline highly preferred.
- Prior global business transformation experience highly preferred.
- Some Change Management education or experience preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top